Target has access to the OK Drivers License database!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
something like that happened to me to, i got pulled over the officer actually took my DL to his car!!! i couldn't believe it...

Heh... I've never had my DL on my person when I got pulled over. I've always been called back to the cruiser, and I tend to take my wallet out of my pocket on long drives. If they don't want to come to the B post, I sure don't want to rummage around for anything. I just told my DL# to the kind Trooper and dispatch gave back a description.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm not saying that they are accessing a special database or that they will be able to assimilate me, but I just don't want them having all of my information stored in their computers and I won't play a party to donating it to them when they have absolutely no need to have it and it doesn't benefit me in the slightest.

It's that simple.

Can they come dive in my trash to get it... sure.
Can they buy it from some lowlife scumbag 3 party information peddler... sure.

Does that mean I should just hand it all over to them and let them scan a barcode that has not only my name and address, but my full description, organ donor status, class of DL, birthdate, expiration date and endorsements?

Why should I just roll over and let them scan this data?

I also gave up on a purchase of clear spray lacquer from WalMart when they wanted to enter my birthdate and DL number into the register. I just don't see their need to do that and so I didn't allow it. I stopped by the ACE on my way home and found it cheaper and no hassle.

Does this make me paranoid... Does it make someone stupid for actively participating in giving away their data for no reason?

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
abuttonpushingmonkey.files.wordpress.com_2010_01_dr_lexus.jpg

Why come you don't have your tattoo?

Remember that if you sell beer one time to an undercover informant, you are pretty much screwed, this takes the guesswork out of that.

Off topic (I'm sure you can forgive me)...but that makes me absolutely sick.

When I was in high school we had kids volunteer to do this just because they thought it was fun. IIRC, isn't it possible to get felony charges for selling to a minor? These ********* kids and the local cops took pleasure in screwing over some simple minded single mom or whoever was working the counter just trying to make ends meet. It's disgusting. These kids were 18-ish and obviously they used the ones that looked older.

Oh, then on the weekends those "informants" would see how much they could drink, smoke, snort or drop. Meanwhile they got some minimum wage worker fired and charged for selling them alcohol. Pure class all around, I'm really glad the local police force was taking the "bad guys" out of the stores.

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm not saying that they are accessing a special database or that they will be able to assimilate me, but I just don't want them having all of my information stored in their computers and I won't play a party to donating it to them when they have absolutely no need to have it and it doesn't benefit me in the slightest.

It's that simple.

Can they come dive in my trash to get it... sure.
Can they buy it from some lowlife scumbag 3 party information peddler... sure.

Does that mean I should just hand it all over to them and let them scan a barcode that has not only my name and address, but my full description, organ donor status, class of DL, birthdate, expiration date and endorsements?

Why should I just roll over and let them scan this data?

I also gave up on a purchase of clear spray lacquer from WalMart when they wanted to enter my birthdate and DL number into the register. I just don't see their need to do that and so I didn't allow it. I stopped by the ACE on my way home and found it cheaper and no hassle.

Does this make me paranoid... Does it make someone stupid for actively participating in giving away their data for no reason?

Ace is the place!

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This thread is full of win.

Secret government algorithms.....LOL.

FWIW, my only issue is identity theft. I don't care about all that other crap, but if a system is scanning anything more than my DOB and doesn't immediately purge that info, it concerns me. Like I said in an earlier post, the federal government has compromised my PII TWICE, and I've had several CC accounts hacked. How many of you even bother to look for the "https when doing an online purchase? How many of you allow the merchant to store your online order info for future purchases?

Anyone who thinks Target is sharing information about your alcohol purchases with the .gov is being a little out there. But the security of their system is a question mark. Nothing wrong with being careful about the security of your PII. No one else is going to care about it as much as you if it gets stolen!

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think if you're shopping at Target then you've already been assimilated.

lol ... I guess I'm a little behind the curve ... I'm still trying to figure out why people buy beer at Target and 7-11?? Those places are a bit pricey for my tastes ... Don't get me wrong ... I like my cheapo run-of-the-mill Coors Light as much as anyone but I try to buy it on sale ... at the grocery store ... not someplace that charges me a premium for "convenience" or the "cool factor" ...

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone who thinks Target is sharing information about your alcohol purchases with the .gov is being a little out there. But the security of their system is a question mark. Nothing wrong with being careful about the security of your PII. No one else is going to care about it as much as you if it gets stolen!

No argument on the identity theft angle. That is the real issue...just had to laugh at the other tin-foil stuff.

CODE_3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Really, come on people. The only reason they scan the ID is that the point of sale system takes the clerks guess work out of reading the ID and to insure that Target is following the law of who can purchase alcohol. When they scan the alcohol the POS system requires ID proof od age, before the clerk had to input the go/no go response. Then if the sale was not legal the manager had to suffer the wrath of a ticket. This way the clerk scans the alcohol, then scans the backside of the DL for a positive confirmation of a legal purchase.

I see no problems with this, most bars in the surrounding states have been doing this for years.

It's a very good system.

Latest posts

Top Bottom