Target has access to the OK Drivers License database!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
FWIW, my only issue is identity theft. I don't care about all that other crap, but if a system is scanning anything more than my DOB and doesn't immediately purge that info, it concerns me. Like I said in an earlier post, the federal government has compromised my PII TWICE, and I've had several CC accounts hacked. How many of you even bother to look for the "https when doing an online purchase? How many of you allow the merchant to store your online order info for future purchases?

Anyone who thinks Target is sharing information about your alcohol purchases with the .gov is being a little out there. But the security of their system is a question mark. Nothing wrong with being careful about the security of your PII. No one else is going to care about it as much as you if it gets stolen!

I agree. You post have been right on in this thread.

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
lol ... I guess I'm a little behind the curve ... I'm still trying to figure out why people buy beer at Target and 7-11?? Those places are a bit pricey for my tastes ... Don't get me wrong ... I like my cheapo run-of-the-mill Coors Light as much as anyone but I try to buy it on sale ... at the grocery store ... not someplace that charges me a premium for "convenience" or the "cool factor" ...

Yeah, I prefer not to pay a premium for beer flavored water either.

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm going to use my Passport as ID ... that ought to throw their little system for a loop.

If you're in the mood to confuse the hell out of a retail clerk then go to Best Buy - write a check for something you wish to purchase - and when asked for ID show 'em your passport.

Tried that a few years ago just for grins.

Einstein's infinity quote is appropos to describe the ensuing hilarity.

A CCW works just as well to enjoy even more hilarity. Tried that at a different Best Buy.

Not a huge fan of Best Buy - nope - not a fan at all. But not for the reasons noted above.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'll try that.

I haven't been to Best Buy in years, mainly because I just haven't needed anything from there but I also despise the door nazis.

They've stopped doing most of the receipt checks at WM I noticed... guess they got tired of people like me refusing to acknowledge them and just walking on.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A CCW works just as well to enjoy even more hilarity. Tried that at a different Best Buy.

I have done this at a QT when getting some beer (by accident honestly - it came out from behind my license. The younger guy (early 20s maybe?) just chuckled, verified my age, and went about his day.

Latest posts

Top Bottom