Teenagers…grrr…

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OKNewshawk

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
First thing back in Oklahoma I go to the Taco Bell in Moore with the wife. I noticed they had flags by both drive thru windows that say use our app. Got up to the kiosk and nobody answered. Thought the kiosk must be down, that’s why the line is so long (30 minute wait). Get up to the window and started giving them our order and the girl says she has to go get someone (her first day on the job). So the manager comes up and asked if we ordered online? I told him no. Then he said I’d have to place my order online then get in the back of the line again, because that’s how they do drive through orders now. LOL!
Hello, Taco Bueno!

Billybob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here and across the country we've got teens 13 and up robbing, beating , and shooting people at an increasing rate. I'm thinking those are the teens we need to be worried about, along with the people and systems ignoring if not covering for them.

Billybob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They used to hand out Oxycontin like Skittles at a kindergarten party. After they got a massive chunk of the population addicted to opioids they were then cut off. Perfect market for the Chinese and Mexican cartels to profit obscenely with no regard to the consequences. I used to be a pretty hard hearted bastard, but my Lord has been working me over pretty good. For every one who passes without coming to know him it’s a loss of universal proportions. I’m not telling you I’m Mother Theresa with nuts, but I am saying my perspective on a world of things has been changed drastically. I have been given a mission. Doing it doesn’t mean I have to enjoy it. My feels don’t mean crap.
Yeah we had no addicts before that, and doc's were giving them out to bunches of young kids resulting in the teen's-20's addicts of today. Still regardless of the causes we've obviously forgotten the lessons from the past; Civil War, Vietnam, and even Mao in China. Instead we've removed all responsibility for the addiction and actions of addicts while some reap financial benefits from it while society pays the cost.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Actions have consequences, OP showed the insolent kid. No discipline at home, no discipline in school, the McD manager allowed bad behavior and insolence with his employees and customers.

Teenagers need to know , look for and push boundaries. Teach them the boundaries and CONSEQUENCES.

I am 66 yo. 3 kids, 12 grands, 2 great-grands, with 2 more arriving in the Fall.
I coached Little League baseball for 15+ years, kids, grands and when I didn't have any playing. I was a Hunter Safety Instructor, Boy Scout Leader, Driving Instructor, Youth Councelor at Church.

I don't believe teens of today are worse. Things are worse because of the lack of leadership, discipline and consequences. Most only want attention, if acting out is the only attention they get; then acting out is what they do.

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
Our SOCIETY is so affluent even many of our poorest people are SPOILED BRATS!! That must be something new in human history?
I've called a few inconciderate, loud mouth jerks down a few times in public! People being AFRAID to say anything, is why these morons do this! I'm 76 I think, and fat, and haven't had a fight in 50 odd years, but some of the SPOILED BRATS need to be taught respect for others, their father should have taught them! Getting their ass kicked in public by a old fat man , just might be what they need!? I just hope I can still get it done? I'm thinking of carrying a walking cane, makes a good equalizer!!

Two Gun Warrior

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, it’s easy for me to judge. When I started working at the VA it seemed like almost every patient was on hydrocodone or morphine for pain. Granted VA patients aren’t like civilian Primary Care patients. Most VA patients have a huge list of very severe and complicated issues. I wish I knew what the solution is. I don’t, I really don’t. How addicted does someone have to be to live on the street? Every day is just another day they need a fix. Kinda sounds like hell. We all make decisions in life though and some really bad decisions you just can’t come back from. Finding God is always a good thing. Though the outlook for these folks in this life is almost always grim.
Some of the Vets that live homeless choose it and without drugs. They do not want any one close because they have lost so many that were close ( brothers in Nam). Also they want independence, no bills, no contracts, or anything that infringes on their freedom. I met and talk with several in Colorado while I was doing security work up there.

Two Gun Warrior

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OK... Let me type this slowly so you might be able to grasp what I'm saying. I admitted I was out of line. I admitted it. Twice. Three times now. I can explain it to you...it's up to you to muster the brain power to understand it.

And there's no need to project your issues on to me. I'm not generally grumpy. And I'm sure as hell not miserable. I'm living a great life and I'm happier now than I've ever been. However, I have zero tolerance for inconsiderate people. None. Maybe you do. Good for you. You're obviously a better person than most of us. I'm sure if anyone asked you'd be sure to tell them so.

I'm not required to stay silent when I encounter those types of people. If that hurts your feelings, too bad. I could've chosen my words better but the little turd deserved it. Again...I'm not saying I was right...but he wasn't, either.

So you can go around and defend that sort of behavior if you want and chalk it up to ADHD or whatever.
I am sorry if I pissed you off. Others are talking of their age. I am glad they are proud of that and what they do. I am not perfect, I have made my share of mistakes. I am a 73 year old Vet with health issues like most of us. I retired out of law enforcement and worked security in Colorado where I dealt with all kinds. I notice thing quickly. The young person with the hoody pulled up around the head is a pretty give away that he has issues. I am not able to get out and work with the youngster any more, I thank those like Sgt Dog that can and do their part. They need adults to guide them and help them. I am not defending them. I am happy with what the lord has blessed me with, I am not wealthy money wise. But my wife and I have kids, grandkids and a great grandson the love us. I live in a small town in SE Oklahoma, a lot of nice people even the teen agers are polite, I do not see the kind of behavior you talk of until I go to the cities. Then I have to remind myself I am just here for a little while.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am sorry if I pissed you off. Others are talking of their age. I am glad they are proud of that and what they do. I am not perfect, I have made my share of mistakes. I am a 73 year old Vet with health issues like most of us. I retired out of law enforcement and worked security in Colorado where I dealt with all kinds. I notice thing quickly. The young person with the hoody pulled up around the head is a pretty give away that he has issues. I am not able to get out and work with the youngster any more, I thank those like Sgt Dog that can and do their part. They need adults to guide them and help them. I am not defending them. I am happy with what the lord has blessed me with, I am not wealthy money wise. But my wife and I have kids, grandkids and a great grandson the love us. I live in a small town in SE Oklahoma, a lot of nice people even the teen agers are polite, I do not see the kind of behavior you talk of until I go to the cities. Then I have to remind myself I am just here for a little while.

No need to apologize and you didn't piss me off. A little confused, maybe, as to why I needed to admit I was wrong 3 times. It's not like I can take it back. Having said that, I make no apologies for not accepting rude behavior from anyone. That's just me...you may handle things differently.

It sounds like we have more in common than not. I'm retired LE from Colorado and also a 14 yr USAF vet.

I moved here to OK 3 years ago. My wife and I are retired and live on a few acres with a bunch of goats and dogs. I absolutely love it here. I like my little slice of OK so much I don't leave unless I have to. These days it's mostly appointments with the VA it seems.

I saw a lot of juvenile delinquents when I was a cop...from the run of the mill teenage stuff to the murder of a police officer by two 15 year old boys. Personally, I think kids these days (not all of them...the ones prone to trouble) are worse than I've ever seen. In general, I think their bad behavior is a direct result of poor parenting or maybe just parents that are MIA in the kid's life. Obviously that's not always the case but I'm painting with a broad brush. Even when I was working the streets much of the problems with kids could be directly traced to a lack of parental guidance. I think a lot of the behavioral issues with these kids are a direct reflection of a society that no longer sees traditional values as important. I also think things in general will get worse before they get better.

Cheers...

Latest posts

Top Bottom