Testing Ad Placement potentials

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kelly Drown

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Kelly, I have two monitors, one of which is rotated. Seems to be working good for me in both monitors and at various window sizes.

Awesome... and, a little jealous. ;)

OK... looks like I needed to create a second AD group to get both the top and bottom thread floating ads to show on the same page. The code was actually smart enough to know that it had already displayed an ad on the that page.

Burk Cornelius

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Obviously the new ad locations are going to present some fun and interesting design challenges. While many of the post positions will have the same banner size 450x70 or thereabouts, something like an in-post ad will have to be square and tall, but small enough to not be obnoxious. I can probably go bigger on this graphic location then the current test ad though.

Kelly, check out this post with a large picture. It overlaps with the in-post ad.

Sample post with ad

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am not a fan of the ads that are in the posts. On my smart phone, every post that has an ad, the text is all scrunched up into short lines rather than normal looking paragraphs.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm for whatever makes this site self-supporting and nothing comes out of Kelly's pocket anymore

I am too, and will be happy to donate yearly, but there's a point to where the ad experience is a bit too much. Banners everywhere I can understand, don't mind Glocktalk's setup where you can browse vendors, but inside the posts just sucks IMO.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
Snipershide puts one after the first post, before the second post; and another after the last post, before the quick reply box. That ensures just about everyone sees the first one, and most people will see the second one too.

Latest posts

Top Bottom