Texting Driver Who Slammed Cyclist: I, Like, 'Just Don't Care'

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
As to the OP, she's an idiot and shouldn't be allowed to drive a car.

As to the rest, just because you have the "right of way" doesn't mean you are immune from being run over. When I ride, I do it for the enjoyment. I can see where fighting with automobiles would be all that fun. If there are roads that cause an issue for bikers, maybe they should be avoided by bikers.

As to the OP being an idiot....the bicyclist hit her damaging the door n window. She said she wasn't texting when he hit her. Maybe she pulled out into the bikers path or maybe he hit her and it's his fault. Maybe the biker didn'thave Iinsurance and she's pissed he hit her.

Maybe, just maybe. Or she's an idiot.

subprep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think bicyclists should have to carry insurance just in case. Oh and wear seatbelts. They should also have a minimum speed limit. And why can you ride a bicycle on a street but not a skate board, atv/utv or golf cart? And what's with them sit down bicycles?

Don't get me started on cyclists, same road same rules ********. They are required to ride as far over to the side of the road as possible, They are not to be impeding traffic. Yet I see them riding side by side white line to yellow line causing cars to have to go around them etc. They are all a bunch of assholes as far as I am concerned.

Boehlertaught

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I, like TJay74, am an avid cyclist. He has stated things right. But, non cyclist will never truly tolerate cyclist. Sand springs is a good example of that issue. Granted, the cyclist there asked for a lot of the grief there but the actions of the residents is the reason I don't ride the infamous Wednesday night ride any more. And I started riding there in 1985. That ride is a sad deal for the cyclist and residents alike.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My friend that cycles has a standing offer to come to my house, and park his vehicle and ride from here over some asphalt country roads. He has taken me up on it a couple of times. but the dogs around the farmhouses that are free ranging, tend to chase him and his family riders, so he cycles the highways with shoulders now.

Junior Bonner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My friend that cycles has a standing offer to come to my house, and park his vehicle and ride from here over some asphalt country roads. He has taken me up on it a couple of times. but the dogs around the farmhouses that are free ranging, tend to chase him and his family riders, so he cycles the highways with shoulders now.

You know, I used to see lots of people riding horseback around here, but so many people have gotten large dogs that run loose and spook the horses. I guess its two years now since i saw anyone on horse back here. The last time it was two men who were yelling and shouting at neighbor's dogs that were having at the horse's legs.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Don't get me started on cyclists, same road same rules ********. They are required to ride as far over to the side of the road as possible, They are not to be impeding traffic. Yet I see them riding side by side white line to yellow line causing cars to have to go around them etc. They are all a bunch of assholes as far as I am concerned.

Yikes I was just kidding lol. But grind that ax lol.

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wrong! The law says that bicyclists must ride as far right as PRACTICABLE, not possible. That means we ride as far right as is reasonable and prudent. Small things in or on the road that a motorist cannot notice will send a bicyclist on a skinny-tired racing bicycle skittering to the pavement. You are NOT entitled just because you operate a fossil-fule burning dinosaur! And don't get me started--I have lost friends to fools in cars.

Latest posts

Top Bottom