The "Gimme Generation" - Warning! Rant ahead

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ripnbst

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
2 years ago, my home was burglarized 4 times in 3 months. The thieves would wait till my husband and I would go to work, and then they'd break in.
Their "job" was to sit on their butts and learn our schedule. And when they knew we were going to be at work, they'd break in.
Because of the mentality of these people, we have to live like we are basically in prison. We now have an alarm system with three outdoor sirens,
we've replaced our doors with security doors, and we purchased a safe to put our valuables in.
Every time I leave the house, I have to make sure all of our smaller electronic items are put in the safe. I can't leave anything out, because of the fear
of coming home and finding it gone.
It's been a while now, and I feel more confident in our ability to stay safe now. But I will never forget how it felt to pull in the driveway and see the front
door open. In fact, it's the first thing that crosses my mind EVERY TIME I come home now. Is the front door closed?
When my cell phone rings, and it's a number I don't recognize, could it be the alarm company?

The mentality of these people really floors me. They don't want to get a JOB. Why get a job, when Uncle Sam will take care of you?
Anything you get from the government was taken from someone else. Know this.
Obama isn't pulling the money out of his pockets to give you. It's coming out of the working folks' pockets.
They think : Oh, that B!tch next door just bought a new TV! That would look great in OUR crib! And we could pawn that camera and get
another hit. They be rich....they can buy more.*
Well, no, they can't just go BUY MORE. They worked their butts off and SAVED for months to buy that tv.

Sorry about the rant there. I'll come off of my soapbox now. :)

You should probably move...

WTJ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wow. I missed all this.

I hate that.

There are non hackers in EVERY generation, especially the Birkenstock Baby Boomers. Yep, the same ones who try to convince all the kids to go to college. I guess they never heard of Horace Mann and the Prussian School Model.

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Because there is a certain amount of inherent nativism in whom we decide to criticize. We just like to put in nicer terms.

BTW, back to the topic, I've seen way more US born people fitting the "gimme generation" mold than so called illegals.
This is knda what I was gently referring to ...SOME people just Cant.

Latest posts

Top Bottom