The "Gimme Generation" - Warning! Rant ahead

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redmax51

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Is it true that most dentists flunked out of med school, and the only thing they could do is dentistry?

My wife says that, however, I dunno if its true.

Everytime I go to my dentist, I get constipated.

I want to sue.

I think you're constipated all the time.Nothing to do with dentists.Next time you have a tooth ache, cavity, or gum disease, go see your favorite _________(fill in the blank with any other kind of doctor) and see what he says. Dentists are like lawyers, nobody likes them until you need one.LOL

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
pretty good, except there are some errors. we can't ask for payment or even about insurance before the patient has been seen, examined and have established that there is not an emergent situation.

Sometimes, in triage, the first thing out of there mouth is "I don't have insurance". Last year, at our hospital, almost 60%+ of billing for new births was to Sooner Care and Medicaid( this is typical at any hospital).We are a Catholic hospital and turn no one away.People use our ER as their PCP.

I'll say that the first think asked in the last 3 years in triage at OU Childrens, Norman Regional, Hillcrest, and St Francis after "what's wrong?" is "do you have your insurance card?" Except at OU Children's, where every new doctor or nurse just assumed "Soonercare?"

I doubt we would be refused treatment, but they damn sure wanted our names, numbers, social, and insurance info before even taking my wife or kids back to even get their temperature or blood pressure.

Just my own anecdotal experience. And no, I'm not elaborating a bit. I do think that of all the kids in the Norman NICU, my son and one other were the only 2 children of 10-12 that was not born of parent under 21 with Soonercare.

redmax51

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I'll say that the first think asked in the last 3 years in triage at OU Childrens, Norman Regional, Hillcrest, and St Francis after "what's wrong?" is "do you have your insurance card?" Except at OU Children's, where every new doctor or nurse just assumed "Soonercare?"

I doubt we would be refused treatment, but they damn sure wanted our names, numbers, social, and insurance info before even taking my wife or kids back to even get their temperature or blood pressure.

Just my own anecdotal experience. And no, I'm not elaborating a bit. I do think that of all the kids in the Norman NICU, my son and one other were the only 2 children of 10-12 that was not born of parent under 21 with Soonercare.

Triage doesn't even want to see or hear about insurance.Admissions goes around to the rooms and gets that info.The people who work the system know which hospitals to go to.

MDT

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If an uninsured illegal has joint pain will he be directed to the nearest orthopedic surgeon?

Illegal or citizen, insured or not, if you have joint pain and *if* it warranted referral, then yes you would be given referral info. Bwhat you choose to do with that info is up to you. If you have an orthopedic emergency, illegal or not, insured or not, you will receive the best and most comprehensive care available.

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Illegal or citizen, insured or not, if you have joint pain and *if* it warranted referral, then yes you would be given referral info. Bwhat you choose to do with that info is up to you. If you have an orthopedic emergency, illegal or not, insured or not, you will receive the best and most comprehensive care available.

So EMERGENCY care is available in the emergency room. That's the answer I was looking for.

Latest posts

Top Bottom