The storm thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Shoot... I had an appointment for a full detail job on my truck Monday!

Maybe I should keep it... it's gonna get dirty as hell, but at least it'll have a nice wax under it all and it should wash off easily, right???

DAMN.

prophet

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I plan on grabbing one of our generators from work tomorrow and throwing some scrap steel in the bed of my truck for traction. In case it is as bad as they say its going to be, i have 68 hours of leave i can take.

ChaseOK

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Heck, even here in Duncan, the WalMart is packed and people are buying everything (bread, milk, etc...). It just surprises me how many people are so ill prepared for even the slightest weather event. Anyone that has lived here for any amount of time should know to have stuff on hand as a precaution year round.

Give it a couple months and you can buy a generator cheap from one of the people that is out paying premium for the next couple days.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Heck, even here in Duncan, the WalMart is packed and people are buying everything (bread, milk, etc...). It just surprises me how many people are so ill prepared for even the slightest weather event. Anyone that has lived here for any amount of time should know to have stuff on hand as a precaution year round.

Give it a couple months and you can buy a generator cheap from one of the people that is out paying premium for the next couple days.

Yeah, but you can't buy milk and bread months in advance... well, bread, maybe... we usually keep a couple loaves in our freezer.

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, but you can't buy milk and bread months in advance... well, bread, maybe... we usually keep a couple loaves in our freezer.

We buy our bread at Sams club, they have the 2 for one price deal so we always have a loaf in the freezer. As for milk we use so little of it we waste money buying fresh milk so we use powdered milk.

ChaseOK

Sharpshooter
Reaction score

Understood but people are acting like they will be socked in for weeks. Just the whole feeding frenzy of the people makes me laugh.

Latest posts

Top Bottom