Beware of License tag renewal dates if moving.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My pike pass is also taped to the window. The damned backing wouldn't come off mine either.
I have to press it when going through a toll booth to get it to read. The Kilpatrick in OKC has those scattered around the entrances and exits. I guess I blew through a couple one trip after taping the pass, and they didn't read? We got a letter from the state saying they were billing our account for them. They have tag camera's?

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
License is handled by DPS. Tag/plate by tax commission. The tag agent is effectively a private third party processor for both.

Bureaucracy at its finest

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They have tag camera's?

Yep that is how they catch the people who don't have pike pass and send them a fine. Watched a car from Texas blow through from Yukon to Edmond without stopping to pay and the deal that showed they didn't have a pikepass went off. In Texas it's a lot harder for the turnpikes to collect, they will get a rude awakening when they get the bill for these ones as OK will send a license suspension request if they don't pay.

I was able to get the plastic backing off of mine, I think I used my knife and slipped the blade under the edge to do it though. But it's been a couple years now so can't really remember.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just as a matter of habit, press on it now when going through the booths. It works fine like that. I should see if they will send me a new one since I use the Ks Turnpike now that shares the OK pikepass. They take a pic of the driver and the tag when going through the pikepass lane. I always have my social finger extended when they get the front pic. :D

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't have a pikepass. Wasn't paying attention and blew through one of the tolls going to a FG lunch in Lawton. Pulled over, went back and paid the toll, then went on my merry way. I still have every receipt from that trip on my desk. Still haven't gotten a letter from the TA. I'll be buried with thouse receipts in my hand. Just in case that letter comes. Lol

Latest posts

Top Bottom