The U.S. Will Never Change

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you dont vote, then dont complain about whoever is in office.

Not true. When your vote is willfully disregarded, being a conscientious objector is a moral stand on its own.

I don't vote for President, also because of the farce of the Electoral College. I posted numbers on this not too long ago, about how a candidate can win the presidential election with many fewer votes and states than people realize. Not only does it not require a majority, it is farcical how it plays out. Literally throwing away up to 49% of the votes and casting every electoral vote from your state for one candidate is a travesty in this day and age. This is paramount to spitting in the face of every voter who did not choose the "right" side in their state. And Oklahoma is as bad as any in this regard, and worse than many...

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Voting for Ron Paul today is like voting for Ross Perot in 92. just sayin...

Bush got every electoral vote and won the popular vote by a considerable margin in Oklahoma in 1992. Just sayin...

We might as well do away with any type of presidential voting in Oklahoma. Just give a 62.5% majority and all our electoral votes to whichever Republican happens to be running and save some time and money.

gl55

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I guess I should have said supporting Ron Paul is like supporting Ross Perot in 92. All I got out of that is a Ross Perot T shirt still hanging in my closet.

J

Jckellison

I would support Ron Paul in a heartbeat, but he runs the risk of handing Obama an election.

Should he decide to run independent, he'll split (not equally) the red vote and inevitably, this unconstitutional incumbent shall remain.

Same premise as media ratings. Even Obama wants Ron Paul on the ticket as a third

Furthermore, my choice to protest a broken system and refuse to buy into "the vote," in no way discredits my views on politics.

DA 20

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I share a similar, yet very different opinion.

I feel the electoral college of delegates is corrupt and pure balls...
I also hate that I always have to choose a "lesser of two evils."

Thus, I am one of those youngsters that doesn't vote. Not because I don't care, but because I feel my voice is louder in my silence to play on someone else's terms.

In the Presidential elections if it wasn’t for the electoral college New York and California would elect the President. You need to check these two sites.
http://www.archives.gov/federal-register/electoral-college/about.html
http://www.270towin.com/

Latest posts

Top Bottom