Thinking About Growing Commercial Marijuana...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Imported from where? If you thinking Mexico, you are seriously out of touch with reality. I know a bunch who smoke and haven’t seen any Mexi swag in at least 3 yrs. The domestic product has essentially put an end to the trafficking of weed south of the border to our area anyway.
HAHAHAH!!!! Maybe in your hood. More later.....

zghorner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you think MJ is the future why not just dump some cash into Aurora, Canopy or the MJ ETF and just soak up dividends in a tax advantaged account? It's still a federally illegal substance, and is for the most part a cash business only.
I am currently long 4,000 shares ACB and have been so for a while. I am compiling a list and researching some others...mainly US companies as I think they will be the ones who take off once it becomes federally legal.

I have decided not to invest in growing for now. It goes against my principles of making money: Buy fear and sell greed. Right now everyone is excited and greedy looking to make a quick million (like me)...it is a bad time to buy in. Oklahoma is handling their licensing too similar to Oregon for me, and I have to assume the same result will occur. Maybe in a few years when they are crying I will step in.

elwoodtrix

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have decided not to invest in growing for now. It goes against my principles of making money: Buy fear and sell greed. Right now everyone is excited and greedy looking to make a quick million (like me)...it is a bad time to buy in.

Good idea!

oregon.png

Riley

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
While not working or even a serious student of the "business" I can say that comparing Washington, Oregon, California, and Colorado in terms of marijuana is an effort in futility. They all have different requirements to be growers, dispensers or processors. Oregon for instance doesn't allow a grower to dispense. Washington is tracking the genetics of the seed to verify compliance with tax laws. Can't have unregistered seed showing up in the "legal system". California has recently dispatched the National Guard to old growth grow ops in N CA because tax revenues are significantly lower than projected. And......its all cash. No one has a legal system, despite ex speaker bonners efforts, to move the cash, which is not insignificant.
Someone mentioned 1200 a lb, I'm hearing 2K an lb. Which is about the yield from 1 plant, every harvest. I've met people in CA with a medical card which allowed the cultivation of 90 plants for "personal use". What??

The problem is, in my mind, the fact that the state can never get the tax revenue it projects, the cartel players don't have to import it, (see OR, CO, WA and CA) they just grow it locally, and the young minds most susceptible to damage from it get exposed to it the hardest.

Talk to any meth head, none of them started on meth, they all started on pot......jmho....

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
i know this is a gun forum but one of my favorite things about it is that it is also an Oklahoma community forum. I posted here about a specific to Oklahoma question looking for advice from okies who might have some knowledge on the subject. And dont give me that go to a doper forum bologna…Every time someone asks to recommend a local plumber or roofer I don't see you stepping in and saying "why don't you go over to a plumber forum der her her". I am just really not wanting this thread to degenerate to the same old arguments we all know and love.

Okay. Point taken. I really wasn’t trying to dump on your topic. Sorry it came across that way. I don't know much about the cannabis business, medical, recreational or otherwise, and I am not interested in investing any money in any aspect of it. But hey, I’ll listen and maybe learn something here. Despite the feelings of some that I’m anti-marijuana...well, that’s just not true. I think it should be completely legal and maybe handled like booze. I mean people don’t drink whisky for fibromyalgia, they drink it for the buzz, for the most part. At least with cannabis, there is strong evidence that it can lessen pain, help with things like anxiety, and be recreational too. Legalize it; tax it, fill the state treasury up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Talk to any meth head, none of them started on meth, they all started on pot......jmho....
me bets they started with cigs.
And I know 2 meth "addicts", neither ever smoked pot. Both used alcohol and smoked cigs.
The fact that you refer to an addict as a "meth head" clearly tells me your level of education on this topic and your way out of your class

Latest posts

Top Bottom