Thinking About Growing Commercial Marijuana...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cobra1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I remember the whole worm farm scam. It's a funny thing, I did some research after telling my co-workers about the Okie worm farm scam and found out it happened twice! I can't believe "we" fell for that twice! I made bank off that scam; friends of my moms hired me to help them build a huge pole barn on 5 acres off Anderson Road east of Okc; They invested their life savings on earthworms, worked all summer to save up the $ they gave me to buy into the earthworm farm scam. At 14 years old I did my own research; The worm boxes were $500, and they buy back the worms @ 2.50 a pound.
In 1976 prices the box with dirt and worms would cost $25. I went to a bait shop @ 59th and Eastern in Okc, ( I think it's a ..... bar now) asked him where he gets his worms; he led me to a back room, flipped on the light and he had a 4X8 box crawling with earthworms! Fast forward to an earthworm growing seminar; slide show speeches and such. I had $500, the price of 1 box; they were having a 2 for 1 sale, my Moms offered to kick in $500 to get more boxes, I said, at 14 years old, NO, a few weeks later, the scam collapsed and everybody lost, except me, haha. Spent my $ on a 1967 Mustang that is sitting in my garage right now. Moral of the story is NO, I would not invest in a MMJ grow op; Reason being, Okies are different than people in Colorado, California and such. I think "most" people that get their green card will grow their own. The people that will visit weed shops will be weed snobs looking for terps, other than that the rest will be growing their own. I pointed out to the wife when we were at Home Depot the "good fertilizers" were sold out, shelf was clean; also saw an uptick in water purchases at Walmart. The only way to make it in an MMJ (in my opinion) Is to either serve a terp niche, or have a grow, sell, and assist tags to cover the market; I.E. old folks homes? IDK. Best advice in this thread was to open a gun range. Gun ranges are cool. In light of that, I think a gun range for strictly pellet rifles and .22's would be really cool; That would be a place I would get addicted to; cool ranges that look like forests with moving and stationary targets. 50 yard shots with pellet rifles, Diana would be pleased.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I would not invest in a MMJ grow op; Reason being, Okies are different than people in Colorado, California and such. I think "most" people that get their green card will grow their own. The people that will visit weed shops will be weed snobs looking for terps, other than that the rest will be growing their own. I pointed out to the wife when we were at Home Depot the "good fertilizers" were sold out, shelf was clean; also saw an uptick in water purchases at Walmart. The only way to make it in an MMJ (in my opinion) Is to either serve a terp niche, or have a grow, sell, and assist tags to cover the market; I.E. old folks homes? IDK. Best advice in this thread was to open a gun range. Gun ranges are cool. In light of that, I think a gun range for strictly pellet rifles and .22's would be really cool; That would be a place I would get addicted to; cool ranges that look like forests with moving and stationary targets. 50 yard shots with pellet rifles, Diana would be pleased.
Once legalized nation wide they will have the "Mary Jane News" Just like the Shotgun News where you can order for wholesale.

Uncle TK

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
http://omma.ok.gov/list-of-businesses
License Fee $2,500 for Each license & Location
Licensed Growers (70 Pages X 23 Per Page) = 1,610
Licensed Processors (20 Pages X 23 Per Page) = 460
Licensed Dispensaries (56 Pages X 23 Per Page) = 1,288

70,999 Medical Marijuana Patients
195 Care givers
71,518 Total

1,288 Dispensaries

Average Customer per Dispensary
56 0% Home growers for personal use only
25% Home growers for personal use only
50% Home growers for personal use only
75% Home growers for personal use only

Last edited:

PBramble

Let's Eat
Special Hen
Reaction score
Until they legalize it nationwide, I wouldn't want to be sitting on that cash. Putting it in a FDIC insured bank is federally prohibited. I mean, unless you like the IRS seizing your assets while they investigate the source of the income. I personally don't care about weed's legality, but banking laws and income tax evasion can get you in trouble quick.

cobra1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OUCH!
QUOTE="Uncle TK, post: 3212968, member: 31781"]http://omma.ok.gov/list-of-businesses
License Fee $2,500 for Each license & Location
Licensed Growers (70 Pages X 23 Per Page) = 1,610
Licensed Processors (20 Pages X 23 Per Page) = 460
Licensed Dispensaries (56 Pages X 23 Per Page) = 1,288

70,999 Medical Marijuana Patients
195 Care givers
71,518 Total

1,288 Dispensaries

Average Customer per Dispensary
56 0% Home growers for personal use only
25% Home growers for personal use only
50% Home growers for personal use only
75% Home growers for personal use only[/QUOTE]

RustedBeef

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think we have a few round here. At least 3 dispensaries in town and a Doc on 3rd and Duck.

Wonder if I could visit the weed doctor and say my feet and back hurts from work...

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom