Thinking About Growing Commercial Marijuana...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
That is why you go small...and grow very well cared for plants...and very high quality smoke material.

common whole price $1,400 to $1,000 ...vs very high quality @ $2,400 and up ...why grow crap low quality at high volume to well cared for high quality....people want good stuff and are not scared to pay for it...

With some many stores selling...not hard to sell, but rather...Can I get more.
He said the constant raising of fees is why he quit. I think the price for the licensing doubled on top of the $400 to have each strain tested. He probably could have made it happen but he couldn’t expand fast enough to keep up.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Being completely transparent, I’ve never used any kind of drug and have absolutely no interest in ever using any kind of drug (including marijuana), so I’m only looking at this as a business venture.
From posts on here, it sounds like I’m late to the party (as usual), probably don’t have deep enough pockets, and would probably only eek out a very little profit if any at all. All that combined sounds like a recipe for financial disaster for me.:anyone:

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Being completely transparent, I’ve never used any kind of drug and have absolutely no interest in ever using any kind of drug (including marijuana), so I’m only looking at this as a business venture.
From posts on here, it sounds like I’m late to the party (as usual), probably don’t have deep enough pockets, and would probably only eek out a very little profit if any at all. All that combined sounds like a recipe for financial disaster for me.:anyone:
One option is to be an investor/ partner in an existing operation.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ve got a good friend that works for a home builder. The builder has his own operation but has focused his work on building grow houses for other people. The industry has fueled lots of work for contractors from electrical to plumbing to alarm companies.

Neanderthal

In Remembrance / March 2023
Special Hen
Reaction score
I actually considered something like this a few years back, due to having some acreage in a few spots in Mayes County that's sitting there doing absolutely nothing. After checking into it, I saw that everyone and their cousin is doing it and I don't think that it would be too lucrative for me. Now, I have new cash crops in mind!!! One of them will require very little to no maintenance, does well around here, and is the all new rage.

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I actually considered something like this a few years back, due to having some acreage in a few spots in Mayes County that's sitting there doing absolutely nothing. After checking into it, I saw that everyone and their cousin is doing it and I don't think that it would be too lucrative for me. Now, I have new cash crops in mind!!! One of them will require very little to no maintenance, does well around here, and is the all new rage.

Curious George wants to know what the New cash crop is ? pm is fine..:hey3:

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve got a good friend that works for a home builder. The builder has his own operation but has focused his work on building grow houses for other people. The industry has fueled lots of work for contractors from electrical to plumbing to alarm companies.

I'm going to second this..... and Grow Supply retail. It's going nuts right now.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just got off the phone with my buddy. He had some cautions. If there is a move at the federal level to decriminalize or even go recreational, the market will drop big time. If a person was to invest, make sure it’s with a big enough operation to weather that and that has a long term business model just for dealing with the possibility.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just got off the phone with my buddy. He had some cautions. If there is a move at the federal level to decriminalize or even go recreational, the market will drop big time. If a person was to invest, make sure it’s with a big enough operation to weather that and that has a long term business model just for dealing with the possibility.

If it decriminalizes, you will see Big Tobacco buy everything. Altria (MO) is foaming at the mouth for this to happen.

Latest posts

Top Bottom