Thinking About Growing Commercial Marijuana...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HFS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If it decriminalizes, you will see Big Tobacco buy everything. Altria (MO) is foaming at the mouth for this to happen.
The late Malcolm Berko wrote a syndicated newspaper column where people wrote and asked for financial and investing advice.
Some years ago when a couple of states had legalized marijuana, somebody asked him for specific, publicly traded companies that would be good to own stock in (so as to cash in on all the money heading into the pot business).
As I remember Mr. Berko replied in his column that any specific company he suggested would be pure speculation at that point.
Berko said he had asked some folks in D.C. and NYC for their opinions on the long term prospects of investing in marijuana and he was told that when the dust finally settles, either Big Pharma or Big Tobacco will control the pot industry in this country.
I tend to agree. I think the Big Businesses will buy off the federal and state legislators and will get the laws tailored to pretty much exactly what they want.

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The late Malcolm Berko wrote a syndicated newspaper column where people wrote and asked for financial and investing advice.
Some years ago when a couple of states had legalized marijuana, somebody asked him for specific, publicly traded companies that would be good to own stock in (so as to cash in on all the money heading into the pot business).
As I remember Mr. Berko replied in his column that any specific company he suggested would be pure speculation at that point.
Berko said he had asked some folks in D.C. and NYC for their opinions on the long term prospects of investing in marijuana and he was told that when the dust finally settles, either Big Pharma or Big Tobacco will control the pot industry in this country.
I tend to agree. I think the Big Businesses will buy off the federal and state legislators and will get the laws tailored to pretty much exactly what they want.

I've said this for a while as well. I know some growers, their counter to this is that much like micro-brewers cater to a specific demographic that like unique beers, there will also be a lane for boutique growers that provide unique products and not the mainstream commercial product.

Okiedog

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Your welcome to come to southern Ok, but good luck finding a corner to start your operation. I personally know of 5 large highly automated growers within 15 minutes of my house and several more just a bit farther. One has put in a private rv park strictly for his employees. Be very careful, but I'm guessing a lot of money will be lost in the near future.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Grow houses are crazy.
20201127_161122.jpg

sedona

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Malcolm Berko was a smart guy.I read his articles in the daily Oklahoman for years.I have owned Phillip Morris (PM) for quite a while and it has a nice dividend.Something like $4.56.I use to tell my friends that smoked to always smoke Marlboro.One asked if it was better for him, I told him no it will kill you, but it is better for me.

Latest posts

Top Bottom