Thinking About Growing Commercial Marijuana...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

L.C.

👮🏻RETIRED L.E.O.👮🏻
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Chinese have been buying up property all over Pontotoc Co. and other counties all over Oklahoma. Purchased property just one mile from my place. Well that interested the cop in me.
I did some investigating into why here.
What I was able to aquire from one of the Chinese himself was that they are going to put in grows, sell cheap, put the little guys out of business then in five years shut down. That's their 5 year plan.
They hire ex military and ex law enforcement to guard the property.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Chinese have been buying up property all over Pontotoc Co. and other counties all over Oklahoma.
What I was able to aquire from one of the Chinese himself was that they are going to put in grows, sell cheap, put the little guys out of business then in five years shut down. That's their 5 year plan.
Bought up a bunch in Blaine county also.

L.C.

👮🏻RETIRED L.E.O.👮🏻
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Bought up a bunch in Blaine county also.
Yep, I personally know 3 people that have sold property to them.
One lady that I know they offered her $100,000.00 more for her property if she could be out the next day. Yes she was out.
They have been buying property for the asking price+.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hemp you first mention and the plants in grow houses later in your posts are different. Different purpose, different use, and different regulation.

I understand that but the US government as it stands at the time as I queried the NRCS over a year ago prior to the legalization does not differentiate between hemp and Mary Jane. Both were regulated as a class1 narcotic.
I also stated that ok has passed new laws and I haven’t revisited the NRCS to see if the regulations have changed per my post since then.
So as I said in my post, I don’t know what the current law is now and offered suggestions about what I see in the market place about who is going to win and who might lose after a major investment.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Chinese have been buying up property all over Pontotoc Co. and other counties all over Oklahoma. Purchased property just one mile from my place. Well that interested the cop in me.
They hire ex military and ex law enforcement to guard the property.

It’s going on all over Ok.
Small community’s are welcoming the new tax money but it’s not a public business that benefits the community other than the property tax.
The Chinese have basically taken over the NW in the US and Canada.
Last time we were in the Seattle/Vancouver area, the Chinese basically run the Vancouver area. Property prices are being sold by the square foot because we allowed them to become a manufacturing giant with our politicians reaping the back door benefits.
The rich Chinese are buying the US because we have freedoms they don’t.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So has anyone here started a grow operation?!?

My business for the last 20 years is going south, and I’m looking for another business venture. I already own a house and land in Oklahoma, and it’s looking like I’m going to have some time on my hands. I’m curious what kind of start up investment is required (in real numbers not guesstimation/speculation).:scratch:

You're limited in growing outdoors by certain requirements that will generally make most uncompetitive. If you want to grow indoors, it will be a significant investment and many are ahead of you in the game. Lots of larger operations have flown in "grow experts" from the west coast and Colorado and pay them multi six digit salaries to run their operation. There are smaller operations sprinkled around Tulsa, but again, a significant investment. Not discouraging you, just letting you know what you're getting in to.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I worked with a guy that had his growers license. He invested 50k and it was just enough to get his investment back before being put out by the BIG operations.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
@retrieverman There is someone on here but, I can't recall who it is, that has some grow houses they lease out and a dispensary.

I do remember that they have an old truck as their business sign though.They posted about it with a link and some pictures I believe.

Maybe somebody here can remember who it is. I would think he could answer a lot if your questions.
I think that’s Fire Ranch on Waterloo.

Judi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I worked with a guy that had his growers license. He invested 50k and it was just enough to get his investment back before being put out by the BIG operations.

That is why you go small...and grow very well cared for plants...and very high quality smoke material.

common whole price $1,400 to $1,000 ...vs very high quality @ $2,400 and up ...why grow crap low quality at high volume to well cared for high quality....people want good stuff and are not scared to pay for it...

With some many stores selling...not hard to sell, but rather...Can I get more.

Latest posts

Top Bottom