Tips to save a dollar

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Strive to be debt free and live below your means.. don’t get caught up into “keeping up with the Jones’s”

Also it really really helps to have a decent job with an actual living wage. All the financial advice in the world doesn’t mean crap if you’re making $10hr
Very true but I do know people making $15 an hour that have more actual money than some making $100. A lot of broke people making lots of money.

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Don’t plan to get a tax refund. Owe them a little.
The poor persons savings account. A lot of people consider this as a gift and don’t think about they’ve been loaning the govt money interest free all year. Set your withholding correctly so you keep your money to budget and spend wisely throughout the year. IRS has free online tools to estimate the correct withholding.

TinkerTanker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I worked for a wage and claimed 9 dependents just so I would have to pay in.
I know what you're saying here, but it's funny to imagine you scrambling trying to find a mess of young'uns from the neighborhood so you have 9 heads when the tax man comes by to check on your numbers.:rotflmao:

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I know what you're saying here, but it's funny to imagine you scrambling trying to find a mess of young'uns from the neighborhood so you have 9 heads when the tax man comes by to check on your numbers.:rotflmao:
Ok so let me explain.
When you first start working somewhere they ask how many dependents do you have.
That way they know how much to take out of your check each pay period.

I claimed 9 and sometimes it was 11.
Well when it came time to file taxes i could only claim myself.
So I had to pay in money, sometimes 2,000 bucks.

My friends were all saying that was a bad thing.
I told them I can take that extra money I get on my paycheck and invest it and make way more than I will have to pay in.

I had a house payment at that time (Not rent) and interest was almost 300 each month.
So for each extra principal payment i made that meant I saved almost 300.
Win.
First house paid off in 5 years and second one took 25 months.
It is where I live now.
Plan was to pay it off in 24 months but I slipped a month.
They only got $2,500 from me in interest for this house and that was at 6.5% and the second year was 7.5% interest rate.

Pay off your house.
Then it is actually yours and not the banks house.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok so let me explain.
When you first start working somewhere they ask how many dependents do you have.
That way they know how much to take out of your check each pay period.

I claimed 9 and sometimes it was 11.
Well when it came time to file taxes i could only claim myself.
So I had to pay in money, sometimes 2,000 bucks.

My friends were all saying that was a bad thing.
I told them I can take that extra money I get on my paycheck and invest it and make way more than I will have to pay in.

I had a house payment at that time (Not rent) and interest was almost 300 each month.
So for each extra principal payment i made that meant I saved almost 300.
Win.
First house paid off in 5 years and second one took 25 months.
It is where I live now.
Plan was to pay it off in 24 months but I slipped a month.
They only got $2,500 from me in interest for this house and that was at 6.5% and the second year was 7.5% interest rate.

Pay off your house.
Then it is actually yours and not the banks house.
I had been debt free for many years and hate borrowing money, but I had to when I bought my house up there. I borrowed $182,500 on a 2.75% 5 year fixed rate loan that will refinance in April 2024 if not paid off, but I’m throwing every dollar I can at the loan to pay it off by then. As of this month, I still owe $15,600.

On the subject of loans, most people I know don’t care what a car, house, UTV, etc costs as long as they can make the payments, and most if not all are in over their heads.

Latest posts

Top Bottom