To catch a thief

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lasher

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would make a scene of moving some "nice stuff" intro the house (empty boxes that say 60" tV, Stereo, high end electronics etc) leave the boxes where they can be seen from a window and hire some "adult" that is responsible for one week (to keep expenses reasonable). Chances are that the thieves are watching the house and the guy you hired won't have to remain a week. But he'd have to be armed because they could be meth heads or worse...or simply teenagers looking for money pay for their next drug buy. Just an idea, I like to fake people out and keep them guessing.

as i alluded to earlier that's nearing premeditated murder if you were to shoot and kill someone stealing from you, no hunting over bait. my friend Jack was really sweating being charged with murder

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
as i alluded to earlier that's nearing premeditated murder if you were to shoot and kill someone stealing from you, no hunting over bait. my friend Jack was really sweating being charged with murder
No murder encouraged, I was just saying armed to protect themselves in case the meth heads were armed and were gonna do the guard in. I wouldn't shoot anyone unless a life was involved and even then I'd have to give it serious thought-whether I'd be better oof or maybe if I liked the person or if he owed me some money maybe..;>)

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, did you catch them or lose more of your stuff? It's a terrible thing for a guy to lose his stuff. Usually it's in a divorce that a guy loses his stuff. Stuff is valuable and it is good. I have stuff in the garage, nuts, bolts, wires and well...stuff.

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Right now, that's one of my biggest concerns (stealing camera). I've been looking hard at the Spypoint Link 4g just for that reason - it has built in GPS tracking and will automatically let you know if anything tampers with it. I just wish that I knew how reliable that feature is; I can't afford to throw down $400 on a camera just to have it walk off.
PM me your PayPal. I will send you $400 to buy the camera with. I’d like the camera back when you are done, please, provided it doesn’t get stolen but I will take that risk for the sweet reward of catching thieves.

Neanderthal

In Remembrance / March 2023
Special Hen
Reaction score
PM me your PayPal. I will send you $400 to buy the camera with. I’d like the camera back when you are done, please, provided it doesn’t get stolen but I will take that risk for the sweet reward of catching thieves.

Man, I sure appreciate the offer but you don't have to do that. I think that I have found the one that I want (Bushnell Impulse), but the problem is that it's not available yet (and won't be for a few months). In the meantime, I've found a solution that may work or at least make them think twice. I'll let you know how it works out, and thank you again for the offer JJ!!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom