Today’s Winter Weather

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, we must have had it worse than I thought. Wife and I went to Norman to walk Sooner Mall this morning, and as we were driving over there, ice kept coming off of our Expedition's roof and roof rack. Must have been about 10 or 12 pieces that come off.

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I can say this, our weathermen and women are an embarrassment. They are wrong time and time again yet they keep on hyping up these storms. I don’t know why anyone listens to them anymore. I sure don’t. I was telling people yesterday nothing was gonna happen like they say and low and behold I was right again. News 9 even boasts how their radar is the best in OKC. Apparently not. I don’t even need a radar and all that fancy crap and I can still predict the weather better. And my sons school didn’t close. They aren’t dumb enough to fall for the lies.

Thats because the weather systems in Oklahoma are very erratic. Computer models can only do so much when we are influenced by both the jet stream and gulf stream. My brother wanted to be a storm chaser when he was growing up so him and I studied up on quite a bit of meteorology. They are usually a bit better up here in Tulsa when the gulf stream has less of an influence, but south and central OK is very hard to predict.

Latest posts

Top Bottom