Today’s Winter Weather

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So all the the schools closed, everybody is waiting.... where is it? Something isn’t right about this when the mere thought or possibility of a light bit of precipitation shuts us down. Meanwhile, in places further north like Chicago, Milwaukee, etc life goes on. Kids go to school, people go to work. Not here though. The Tv weather people keep cutting in with stuff like “it could possibly maybe get the tinisest bit slick on bridges and overpasses so everybody stay home and get ready for the temperature to get down to maybe 30”.

Ridiculous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Uncle TK

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Up north they get Snow and Snow Pack, you can drive on it. Also a lot the people have snow tires and tire studs.
Here is Oklahoma we get Ice! Snow tires and Tire Studs do not help

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I hear ya Joel! When I was in Highschool in Colorado, it took 27" of snow to cancel school. Those of us that had to drive to school considered it an adventure to get there. Yes, Oklahoma ice is different but it seems most of the time when school is cancelled, the bad weather doesn't show up. The kids staying home doesn't really bother my wife and I because we are near home anyhow but I'm sure it really messes with some other parents schedules.

kirk1978

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I hear ya Joel! When I was in Highschool in Colorado, it took 27" of snow to cancel school. Those of us that had to drive to school considered it an adventure to get there. Yes, Oklahoma ice is different but it seems most of the time when school is cancelled, the bad weather doesn't show up. The kids staying home doesn't really bother my wife and I because we are near home anyhow but I'm sure it really messes with some other parents schedules.

I'm sitting at home with the kid.....If I had a set number of vacation days, I would be upset. Luckily I'm salary and as long as the job gets done no one cares if they see me or not.

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So all the the schools closed, everybody is waiting.... where is it? Something isn’t right about this when the mere thought or possibility of a light bit of precipitation shuts us down. Meanwhile, in places further north like Chicago, Milwaukee, etc life goes on. Kids go to school, people go to work. Not here though. The Tv weather people keep cutting in with stuff like “it could possibly maybe get the tinisest bit slick on bridges and overpasses so everybody stay home and get ready for the temperature to get down to maybe 30”.

Ridiculous.

Oklahomans can't drive on dry pavement, throw winter mix in there and yeah, I would stay home too. Getting ready to head to the store and get a few things (no, not milk and bread, more like cat food and some Snapple Peach Tea) before it hits.

kirk1978

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Oklahomans can't drive on dry pavement, throw winter mix in there and yeah, I would stay home too. Getting ready to head to the store and get a few things (no, not milk and bread, more like cat food and some Snapple Peach Tea) before it hits.

Did you just bash us (Oklahomans) for our driving then admit to drinking Snapple Peach Tea??? Alright gentlemen, let the Peach Tea drinker have it!! :)

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Up north they get Snow and Snow Pack, you can drive on it. Also a lot the people have snow tires and tire studs.
Here is Oklahoma we get Ice! Snow tires and Tire Studs do not help

Sure we get ice. But to close schools and so on just because we MIGHT get a little? I think it’s a massive case of overreacting to a possibility.

Latest posts

Top Bottom