Trail Cams

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tampabucs

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I own several of the Moultrie D40's and won't be buying anymore. I own a total of 5 and 2 of crapped out. Now, the ones that work do a good job.

I bought a bushnell trophy camera a few weeks back. It's in the field working right now; I will let you know what I think. I'm going to add another cheaper camera for a trail. I'm going with the Primos 46 IR.

AllOut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I make all of my own now using Sony p41's and yeti boards but if you are going commerical I would choose the Moultrie i40

+1 on the moultrie I40.... i have 2 WV IR4 and my buddy has an I40 and the ir4 works great for the price. I dont know where thhe guy above got no video but they do, they take 10sec video. what sux about them is my batteries last exactly 3weeks and thats taking a couple hundered pics. But the I40 is about the same but it has a laser sight and the batteies last forever... plus they are not much more expensive but the extra money u spend will pay for itself quick with battery life.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, I have a horror story to relate.
I chumped up and bought one of the $450 dollar cuddybacks in 2007. I hated the IR pics with a 1.2 resolution. Most mornings the screen was clouded up and got no pics until the sun was up and evaporated the dew/frost.
With the stealthcam, never had a problem like that.
In 2008 I used a 2X4 mount on a food plot and put a stealth cam flash underneath the cuddy back, putting a pile of corn in front of it.
I don't care what cuddy back says about trigger time, etc, its marketing crap.
The stealth cam with flash captured more deer with great resolution than the cuddy back.
Not only that, but 4 months out of warrenty, the push buttons on the cuddy back fell apart.
I threw it in the shop and forgot about it, as it was out of warranty, until somebody here told me to contact cuddy back, as they had great customer service and would fix it cheap, or give a good trade-in for another model.

Well I contacted them today, spent 45 minutes on hold, and finally got hold of a customer service rep that was reading from a script.

They offered to fix it for $135, or replace it with the bottom line model for $125.
I didn't like it to start with, as the programming was insanely difficult, and I don't like IR.
Anybody that wants it to trade for the $125 model(it may cost more, but this is the deal they offered) send me $10 bucks for shipping, and its yours.

Porter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I do electronics and its just some surface mount push buttons. I'm not going to spend the time to fix it,
The offer stills stands$10 to cover shipping.

I'll take you up on that Dennis. I've got your address from the flies. I'll send you a check or money order whichever you prefer.

Shifty

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've had good luck with the stealthcams, and I prefer the flash to the IR.
I'm on private property, so a flash going off won't attract a thief like it will on public, and no matter what the manufactures say, a flash will NOT spook a deer. They think its lightning.
Kinda have to dissagree a little here. A buddy of mine used flash trail cameras on the lease we hunted and his private place. For the first week or so that the cameras were set up they would spook the deer, but they would always come back and they got used to it.

MarcusR

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just put out a Bushnell Trophy Cam. I found them on ebay for $132.00 + shipping. When i got it the box said recondentioned. But they still have the same 1 yr warranty so i did not care. I have read nothing but good. Will let you know how it turns out in the next few weeks.

Latest posts

Top Bottom