Trail Cams

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hunterdeere

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Decided to put my 2 cents worth in on the Moultrie d-40. Have got about 6 of them. I have had some trouble with them, but Moultrie has been really good about fixing them. They need more people on phone service (long time on hold), but cannot complain about their service. Have had 2 that the flash quit on. They have a 1 year warranty on them, and both times, they have replaced the camera. Even if they do not replace, just fix, they extend the warranty a year. May not be as good as the higher $ ones, but work well with my limited budget!!

bigelk76

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I use Moultrie cameras and have had good luck. I had to send one back for repairs because the display screen stopped working. They repaired it for free and the camera is over 2 years old. Customer service appears to be very good.

Reaction score
Hey guys, I was banned for a week for absolute BS, so I couldn't chime in earlier, but go to the trail cam review sites such as this one:

http://www.trailcampro.com/

particularly this head to head comparison:

http://www.trailcampro.com/2009trailcamerashootout.aspx

and they will tell you in some detail why the Bushnell Tropy Cam and the Scoutguard SG550 are the best ones / best values, when you consider a lot of things, like detection zone, trigger time, battery life, other features, etc. The Reconyx ones are good too, but pricey. The Bushnell T.C. appears to me to be the best overall value for price.

Natchez ( www.natchezss.com ) has the Bushnell Trophy Cam for just $160 right now - or at least they did last week. I didn't jump on it because I'm broke right now. I decided I'm not going to resume 'doing' trail cams until next year. Got my hands full just prepping/scouting etc.

MarcusR

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I purchased the Bushnell TC on ebay for $145 with shipping. Today i went to BP and was looking to get another. But I stood next to a guy that was looking at the Wildgame X6C. Says that he did a side by side comparison in the field and the he like the X6C better. I have found the X6C online for 125 with shipping. They guy I bought my TC is out and does not know when he will get more. Does anyone on here have the X6C and what do you think?

chazroh

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
we have 3 bushnells. the one that is pretty small compared to the others. it is awesome, just put it out this year, hopefully will have some pics to share.

beer

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Wal-Mart at 71st and Aspen in B.A. has the Tasco 3mp trail cams (read re-badged Bushnell model) on clearance for $35 bucks regular $80. These are still $80 bucks at all the other Wal-Marts I checked.

Google these. They have good reviews and are tough to beat for the price. I picked up two. There were three left at that time. I have one out now. Hope to have pics to post in a couple weeks.

Link to review here:

http://www.chasingame.com/index.php?id=109

Latest posts

Top Bottom