Trying to decide on a new mower and need help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

If you had your choice?

• Hustler Super Z

Votes: 9 56.3%
  • Scag Cheetah

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Ferris

Votes: 4 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
S

Shankel65

All of the above mentioned brands are good. Go test drive them and get the one you like the best. I would get one from a dealer close to your house in case there are any issues. That way youre not stuck driving an hour for service.

Chard

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have mowed 2.5 acres for the past six years with a 48 inch cut ExMark HP. Outstanding mower. Built like a tank.
Quality equipment makes a job much easier.

Johnny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you plan on going with gas get something with a kawasaki engine. I have never heard a complaint about them. Here plenty of stories about hondas and B&S but never heard anyone say anything bad about the kawasaki. The salesguy at Marvins here in town said the first Exmark he sold had a 19 horse kawi on it and now has over 3000 hours on it. He said the mower looks like someone drug it down the highway but the motor still runs strong. I have never used anyone of the ones you mentioned. I have an 48" Everide if it ever gets stolen I would buy another one in a heartbeat. The deck is 3/16 and 1/4" plate steel welded together no stampings and has never failed me. I mow 5.5 acres weekly and it takes 2.25 hours.

Latest posts

Top Bottom