Trying to decide on a new mower and need help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

If you had your choice?

• Hustler Super Z

Votes: 9 56.3%
  • Scag Cheetah

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Ferris

Votes: 4 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

trickydick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just purchased a gravely 54" ztr with a 24hp kawasaki on it and its awesome!! Kawasaki engines are the way to go no matter what you buy. Kubota's are great but their cheapest one is about $8,000. Any mower that will go 13mph will cost ya about $10,000. I was going to buy a toro with the kawasaki engine and fabricated deck but they're having trouble getting them in. Another thing to consider is what hydraulic motor is in the mower(look for ones that have a fan on top). The cheaper ones (with no fans) are throw-a-way type and can't be fixed. What ever you do stay away from briggs and stratton engines.

carready

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
OAS Sponsor
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Been using a 42" JD riding and a 6' grooming pull behind now. Mowing around 3 acres right now but once I get this it will be used to mow around 15 acres. So looking at prob a 60" or bigger deck.

Thanks for all the input guys it has been very helpful.

okievarmint

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hustler is one of the brands carried where I work. I'm Fixed-Ops manager, and also do the Warranty administration. I am authorized to do Honda, Briggs, Kawasaki, and Kohler engines, and Hydro-Gear repairs. Fewer problems out of the Kawasaki or Kohler Command (avoid Kohler Courage) than any others. Hondas (GXV 620 thru GXV670)were a BIG problem, but they have dropped those and now have a re-designed engine. It looks good, but the real test is , How do they cut grass? We get many John Deere, Bad Boy, Kubota, Grasshopper, Ransome, Ever-ride, Ferris, Dixon, and lots of other brands traded in. I've mowed with 'em all, and I can have any brand I want, but like the customers say that trade in other brands, nothing cuts like a Hustler.

Latest posts

Top Bottom