Venables vs. Mike Stoops...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's been, what, 10 years since they finished the season ranked in the top 3? Last 5 years they haven't done better than 6th? 50% in bowl games over the last 10 years? But hey, they have had statistical "winning seasons" (as if every big school doesn't build their schedule to make sure they have a "winning season").

Yeah, Stopps isn't the problem and he just needs one more year to bring that Championship to Norman….LO f-in L!!!!

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hey, you can always get Shitzer back!
I would take Switzer in a heartbeat. But they would never let the things slide now like they is back then. Seriously though, Bob has done an excellent job with our program but things definitely need to be reevaluated. And Heuple definitely needs to be canned. He has sucked from the beginning. And as far as mike goes, I just don't understand what his deal is. Our defense had been hit or miss all season. They had a couple of good games and the rest played like dirt. Maybe bob is making too much money and is too complacent now and isn't as hungry as he was when he first got the job. I just hope things get better. I don't want to head back down the road of the 90's again.

Coded-Dude

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Stoops had a rough patch with bowl games in the early 2000's, but lately they have been good(at bowl games). He just needs to get back to basics and get the team to championship level again.

ByrdC130

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Think what showed tonight was that Venable's "too complicated" defensive schemes were actually very good schemes. Seems the players down in Norman couldn't get a grasp of what to do in the schemes and the Clemson players caught on and can execute them. OU defensive coaches have stated that they had to simplify the defense so players weren't out of position and could make plays. Um, seems the safety's still don't get "don't let the receiver get past you" theory and now days a simple scheme is not going to cut it on either side of the ball. Plus, it seems that OU's best QB ended up playing TE.

But there is hope for next year, I'm betting that a new QB will start and if he's as good in Norman as he was south of the Red River, that'll help.

Latest posts

Top Bottom