Walkers vs. Crutches

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I looked that those on Amazon today. I ain't paying $160 bucks for something so my poor ankle won't have any weight on it for a couple more weeks. I'll just scoot around on my ass if it comes to that. Sheesh. I used crutches when I was in high school and again in college. And again in my 30s. And 40s. I didn't find them to be that bad. And I never tripped over them. Or nearly tipped over on them like I have on this damned walker. Jeez Louise, this thing is dangerous if you aren't on level, dry concrete with it, and even then the bouncing makes my ankle hurt like I've been running on it. It's terrible.
You can rent crutches from Walgreens that are adjustable.

skyhawk1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Crutches make my armpits hurt. A walker makes my back hurt. I got one of those knee-scooter things to try out one time. It was great, except there is no "governor" on it, or brakes, and you can get to going pretty fast. Then the next thing you know, you're all tipped over on your ass and it's back to the crutches or the walker.

We keep at least a dozen knee scooters at our pharmacies and they all have brakes. There are different styles and they steer differently. We now carry the Iwalk which a lot of people like.

skyhawk1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I tried. They said they didn't have any. Oh well, this way I'm prepared for my inevitable downward spiral into old age. I have a walker I'll never use again. Now I have crutches I'll more than likely use a dozen more times before I move up to a wheelchair. :rollingla

That's why you go to an independent pharmacy!

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a walker I'll never use again. Now I have crutches I'll more than likely use a dozen more times before I move up to a wheelchair. :rollingla

I have two walkers (mine and my Dad's) I hope I never use again, as well as crutches. I hope they all rot away before anybody needs them!

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oh haha! I'm VINDICATED!! I had a phone call into my PCP's office to reschedule my appointment because I didn't want to risk killing myself with this ****ing walker in their parking lot and while I was telling his nurse my tale of woe she stopped me and said "Wait?!?! They MADE you take the walker?? Oh no ..." She said those things were more dangerous than playing on a highway blindfolded. No ****!! Lol Nevermind that every time I try to get anywhere with it my ankle starts swelling up even though it never touches the ground because of all the bouncing around. I'm gonna stay right here in this chair until my crutches get here. Monday. Sigh. I got stuff to do DAMMIT. :grumble:

Latest posts

Top Bottom