Walmart - we are doomed!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
And THIS is why I haven't been in a WalMart is probably 15 years ... Well except until VERY recently when we were shopping for test strips and a glucose meter for Grumpy. They are the best deal by far. But there is none of this wandering around **** -- get in, get your **** and get out.

My wife wants to make a career out of wandering around WalMart...or even worse, Hobby Lobby.

Not me. I walk in, go right to what I want, check out, walk out. I don't smile and I don't make small talk with people, other than to tell them I don't like them and I'm not interested in what they have to say.

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I go to wally world early in the morning, like at opening time LOL.

In and out. Only folks I have to dodge are the online order pickers that block the entire aisle.

I also use the self checkout to avoid interaction with anyone. As I walked past the door greeter/bag checker this morning I told him that I gave this visit 5 stars since I had to do all the work, he started to laugh, I laughed, some random person walking by laughed, joy was spread to the world.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My wife wants to make a career out of wandering around WalMart...or even worse, Hobby Lobby.

Not me. I walk in, go right to what I want, check out, walk out. I don't smile and I don't make small talk with people, other than to tell them I don't like them and I'm not interested in what they have to say.

Between the lockdowns and working at JoAnn's during them (who would have thought we'd be "essential"???) I've had it with people ... I swear the fights I broke up at JoAnn's were WAY worse than any barfight I dealt with back in the day ... 🙄🙄

I don't even remember the last time I was in a Hobby Lobby. I go to JoAnn's every week when I get paid because I can always find canning jars there.

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The WalMart in Vernon, TX is the ONLY WalMart I've never dreaded going in to. Rarely anyone in there. The WalMart in Altus is the stereotypical pain-in-the-ass store. Ada is pretty much just as bad and getting into and out of the parking lot is a major hassle.

Avoid the drive at the front of the store if you can.

Enter by JB lumber, when you leave since you live in francis area, leave at the exit by murpheys and jack in the box, on lonnie abbot, hang a right, home free.

If you do need to leave at the intersection with the light, then drive the east side of the lot and turn west down the 2nd to the last row, this will take you to the last drive lane on the north side of the lot that connects to the drive at the front of the store, then hang a right and bam you are at the light.

Yes I have put thought into how I approach and leave the walmart parking lot in Ada.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
One night about 2am, one of the kids got sick and I needed some medicine. I thought there would be no one there at the super center. Man was I wrong. All the freaks and foreigners were there. I was like the 6th person in line and there were 3 registers open.
We used to go to Lake Murray a lot. The Walmart in Ardmore is about the only place to get supplies for cooking and camping. That is a great place to people watch!

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The WalMart in Vernon, TX is the ONLY WalMart I've never dreaded going in to. Rarely anyone in there. The WalMart in Altus is the stereotypical pain-in-the-ass store. Ada is pretty much just as bad and getting into and out of the parking lot is a major hassle.
The Alva WMart is only one I don’t mind going to. I generally go pretty early though, so maybe it’s just before the freaks and weirdos show up. :anyone:

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
There is a Walmart in west Springfield MO that has an armed police officer at the entrance, one in the parking lot and one inside the store. They are not security guards. That is how dangerous this place is.
You know it has to be because Springfield was featured constantly on Live P.D. It's about 50? miles north of Branson and has to be the meth capital of Missouri.

Latest posts

Top Bottom