Wannamachers---

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AllOut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I went for one reason today. Try and trade my Rem 700 LSS for another Rem of a different caliber. I could have sold it a few times for a bit more than I payed for it but I wanted a trade. I found 3 guns in the caliber I wanted. Two of them were listed about $50 more than I could buy it new. Then I had a guy who had a stainless sps which he had priced $150+ more than i can buy it new for try and tell me he needed $200 on top of my LSS trade which is in a lot better shape than his was.
I decided to go home with mine.
All I spent today was my $10 to get in the gate!!!

Porter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'll guarantee you this....if you've got something to sell, it's the place to go! I had a profitable day :)

+1 on this. Took one to sell and got my asking price in less than 10 minutes. Funny thing is, I priced it with a little wiggle room to come down a little if necessary.

7stw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had a great time. Got a good deal on some varget, and fed 215 gm match primers. Met and bought a keychain from the mighty pen co. Also wound up with another 7stw. A browning a-bolt. Was really looking for a varmitmaster weatherby in either .224 wm or .240 wm and did see several, but a sporter weight 7stw is priceless to me. Wish I could have afforded the cannons on the lower level. Wasn't able due to schedule to go both days just Saturday. But a great show can't wait to start saving for the fall show. Still kicking myself for not buying a cherry win mod 70 in .225 win. But I hope I can find one agin.

Sanjuro82

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah I enjoyed my time at the show. First time I've been to the big show, so I was a little over whelmed, wondering around trying to look at everything. I actually saw quite a few good deals. Tons of mil surps were there which made me happy!

Preacherman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I went with two pistols to sell and carried them from row 1 through to the last two rows before they sold. Of course I could have sold them many times over to dealers who lets say did not offer near enough. I finally started telling every dealer from one point on when they asked what I wanted for the pistols that to dealers the price was $1000 and to others the price was way less. I was nice to all of them but they really pushed me to the limit. I would even thank them for the laugh when they offered 300 for a SS smith model 66.

Nighthawk

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Enjoyed the show, got to meet the Fatties, that did not look fat to me, but who am I to talk. Got to meet many OSA members, that I wish I could have talked to longer, but I could not break away from entering customer information, long enough to do that. We sold a lot of weapons, lowers and parts, it remind me of the days before the last election.

The trailer was packed where there was no room for anything else Thursday, when we left today, there was not very much to load, and the trailer was very light.

I am noticing that the same people that complain about all the other shows all year long are complaining about this one too. That is no surprise, what does that tell us, all gun shows are bad, or some people just like to complain.

The little time I was able to get away from the island to use the rest room, I saw a lot of real nice weapons, some great vendors, and friends that I see at this show every year.

I feel the show was a good one, and like I always say, ‘a gun show is only as good as you want to make it.’ Some people will be unhappy now matter where they are, how sad to go through life like that.

Mark

Latest posts

Top Bottom