Wearing Orange While Coyote Hunting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crag83

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
All,

Do you think it matters if I wear an orange hat during coyote hunting? Or do you think they will be able to see me? Of course, I am sure they are going to smell me first.

Thanks

Craig

Wormydog1724

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They shouldn't smell you unless they come from down wind. Which I always let out a huge fart so they either won't come in at all or they think something is dead and they'll come running.

I don't wear orange unless I'm supposed to. I WOULD wear lots of orange if I were hunting on public land but would take it off after I get settled and start calling.

clintbailey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
imhntn, now you got me thinking and I'm going to have to dig through my old Trapper & Predator Caller's and find that article of his that has a picture of him wearing that costume. I know it had a funny title if memory serves.

imhntn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
imhntn, now you got me thinking and I'm going to have to dig through my old Trapper & Predator Caller's and find that article of his that has a picture of him wearing that costume. I know it had a funny title if memory serves.

Has he passed on? Last hunt I saw video of with him, he sure was moving slow and that was a few years ago. He was good reading for sure. Didn't he call his 10 ga "Moose Dick"?

okhunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
He is still alive. I had one of his videos that he called in and killed a coyote while wearing the full Santa suit. I think movement will get you busted quicker than not being in camo. That was the point I think he was trying to make anyway.

clintbailey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That was indeed the name of his shotgun :D. I used to love reading his articles, and I didn't even predator hunt back then. I've been digging out some of the old T&PC's lately, starting to get back into trapping some, definitely going to have to find the "Santa" issue LOL

Latest posts

Top Bottom