What are good fields to get into right now?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ARnut

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you were able to go back to school, what would you go for? What are good fields to get into right now ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BrandonM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My brother in law tells me a lineman with PSO after about 5 years and little bit overtime will be in the 6 figures. I think he said around 40 an hour. They pay like 27-28 an hour right out of school. I believe OSU Okmulgee has a school? Don’t hold me to it though. The school is only 2 years.

FrankNmac

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My brother in law tells me a lineman with PSO after about 5 years and little bit overtime will be in the 6 figures. I think he said around 40 an hour. They pay like 27-28 an hour right out of school. I believe OSU Okmulgee has a school? Don’t hold me to it though. The school is only 2 years.

OSU-IT in Okmulgee does indeed have an excellent high voltage program. Their graduates receive very comprehensive training and come out of school with currently in-demand skills.
http://go.osuit.edu/academics/construction/high_voltage_lineman

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
There is a shortage of trades. Plumbing seems to be a good field right now. The national starting pay is actually a buck or two more than hvac or electrical.
If you want more of a white collar job, IT or business information.

Latest posts

Top Bottom