What are some good prebuilt AR15s?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There are so many choices. It just depends on what you want. Alot of people stay away from delton and DPMS. It is really all a matter of personal prefrence.

You can go lower tier ARs like DPMS, Delton, Windham weaponry, bushmaster or higher like colt, daniel defense, LWRC, Knights, BCM.

There are so many to choose from now, its all really just a matter of which one you like more than another.

SilencerX7

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There are so many choices. It just depends on what you want. Alot of people stay away from delton and DPMS. It is really all a matter of personal prefrence.

You can go lower tier ARs like DPMS, Delton, Windham weaponry, bushmaster or higher like colt, daniel defense, LWRC, Knights, BCM.

There are so many to choose from now, its all really just a matter of which one you like more than another.

What is wrong with DPMS and Delton? O.o

Maverick1911

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Depends on your price range, application of use, how heavy you want it, etc? I personally like building mine from the ground up because you end up getting exactly what you want. Just preference....they all go bang. Give some more detail of what you're application will be and some more details and we can go from there.

SilencerX7

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Depends on your price range, application of use, how heavy you want it, etc? I personally like building mine from the ground up because you end up getting exactly what you want. Just preference....they all go bang. Give some more detail of what you're application will be and some more details and we can go from there.

Well, I have a Spike's Punisher lower and plan on buying a rifle kit from FBT. I'd prolly just get different calibers since I just noticed that you can get one that can shoot the 7.62x39. I'm just curious what people's opinions were on the different brands.

Maverick1911

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well I have Several in .223/5.56 so my next one is going to be in 300 blackout. Uses everything a standard ar15 comes with except the barrel. I like spikes, daniel defense and a bunch others....I prefer bcm and spikes bolt carrier group if you are building from ground up.

SilencerX7

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well I have Several in .223/5.56 so my next one is going to be in 300 blackout. Uses everything a standard ar15 comes with except the barrel. I like spikes, daniel defense and a bunch others....I prefer bcm and spikes bolt carrier group if you are building from ground up.

Now that I'm looking at individual parts, I now know that the bolt carrier group is a good sum in the price of a rifle... *whistles* ... /newbie

Gabriel42

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You could have shot several, ranging from stock Spike's Tactical to suppressed SBR Noveske, in addition to the pistols if you would have showed up to the range day that BB setup for you yesterday.

SilencerX7

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You could have shot several, ranging from stock Spike's Tactical to suppressed SBR Noveske, in addition to the pistols if you would have showed up to the range day that BB setup for you yesterday.

I did show up... Half a tank later after getting lost on the other side of Yukon (I was in the steel mills over there before realizing I was going in the completely wrong direction...). I already talked to her about it and she wants to try again. I'm still pissed off over the ordeal not because I missed a wonderful day to shoot but because she did that for me and I ended up having my idiot show up in my car and knock me sideways. With this said, I don't need it rubbed in my face. I did that plenty without any external assistance.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There are a lot of folks who think they are experts just because they've touched, owned, or their brother owns an AR-15. Lots of folks give lip service to "buying the best" right before they go into walmart and walk out with a Windham.

Most people shoot a few rounds a year during a full retard-session at a public range, throw it back in the closet and only pull it out for hero shots or brag sessions after a few beers.

In the end, buy what you can afford. Shoot the piss out of it. Take some classes with it, and shoot the piss out of it some more. Then you'll figure out what you need or want. Most confuse the two terms.

Latest posts

Top Bottom