What do you mean I CAN'T QUIT??!?!?!?!?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
The day I decided to retire, went by HR office and mentioned I was retiring effective today and walked out of her office hearing chuckling behind me. It was April fools day.
After the second trip to my truck with boxes past her office, she realized this was no drill and asked me to come in to talk.
She said that the retirement process typically took 30-45 days to complete and asked if I’d stay on for that time.
I didn’t hesitate in saying how much time would I be given if I were fired before heading back for my last load of boxes. Somehow they got the paperwork done while I was sitting at the lake with a fishing pole in hand.
OG&E was a great company to work for but there were some local internal issues that I couldn’t fix, nor tolerate.
Kind of sad to see a career end like that. I’d rather give notice and make them tolerate me the last 30-45 days.

Two Gun Warrior

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This McDonald's has instituted a policy that an employee cannot quit unless they get prior approval from management. 🤔🤔🤔 I'm sorry but THIS is not how it works. This is NOT how ANY of this works ... 🤷🤷

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/com...n&cvid=f8eb3742eb3d4609848fde8ab916e8cc&ei=18
Most of the ones working there are late teens and should learn if they are going to quit to go talk to the manager. If something is so bad that they are going to quit right then, the management should know why unless it is really personal and does not pertain to the job. If the job is worth having in the first place, try to make it better.

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
This McDonald's has instituted a policy that an employee cannot quit unless they get prior approval from management. 🤔🤔🤔 I'm sorry but THIS is not how it works. This is NOT how ANY of this works ... 🤷🤷

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/com...n&cvid=f8eb3742eb3d4609848fde8ab916e8cc&ei=18
This must be in California? I heard California is trying top pass a lw that won't allow people to quit the state, if they move out of state, they will be required to continue to pay taxes in California for several years? If that don't work they will likely install razor wire fences, to keep tax payers from leaving, like North Korea?

T. MIKE SMITH

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Something I wonder, is this why employers keep promoting a lot of immigration to assist with labor needs? I don't know how many McDonalds I have been in that are mostly Hispanic workers, not that I care, just the way it is. This is just another game the two party's play. When I worked in south Texas during the 90's, most American workers hated illegal aliens because they kept the wages low. I wonder if we will get back to that once the flood of illegals settle in and join the work force. I get it though- I worked for the old Humpty Dumpty Food for a dozen years in the 70's-80's. It was **** work and the drama was always thick. It was union and good money, but I hated it.

Two Gun Warrior

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This must be in California? I heard California is trying top pass a lw that won't allow people to quit the state, if they move out of state, they will be required to continue to pay taxes in California for several years? If that don't work they will likely install razor wire fences, to keep tax payers from leaving, like North Korea?
Good that will keep them out of the USA.

Uncle TK

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What they are talking about is the following.
New Hire Bonus (Example 1,000) must work 20 weeks.
Bonus is Paid at 50.00 per week.
If employee quits or is fired before 20 weeks
Employee must repay Bonus they have received.
Requiring the Signing Bonus Employee to give two weeks' notice so bonus that they were paid can be deducted from check.

HFS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Funny how tempers flare among friends and they have lunch the same day. Once had a letter carrier tell me he was going to kick my butt when I told him it was his turn for mandatory overtime on another route. Could have fired him for it but decided to let him apologize in front of the same group he made the statement in front of instead. We are both retired and friends to this day.
Funny thing about overtime.
I worked at a job (it was non-union) where the boss walked in and asked if anybody wanted some overtime.
At first nobody uttered a peep and then one of the newer employees volunteered for it, said needed the money.
All of a sudden some of the more senior employees were raising hell and griping about "Why does so-and-so get all the overtime around here??!!!!!!"
And I was thinking, WTH is wrong with you people...but that's how it was there.

Latest posts

Top Bottom