What does 'open it back up' mean to you?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
IMO post #66 says it all. Yes, most everyone needed to use more precautions, especially the venerable because of other illnesses, but enough is enough. And think about this, because Gov. Stitt, no matter what you think of him, he did not buy into the total BS package other states did and we had it much better than others without a major disaster. I suspect people in this part of the country have a little more common sense than other parts of the country.
If anyone knew what to do about this they would become rich.
All we have is incedodal evidence that may or may not prove anything. Several states in the center of the US known as the flyby states for politicians have not gone the mandatory lock down route and the ratios of infected and deaths are below the averages of the coastal states. So one has to look at why.
Is it because of population density? I don't have the numbers in front of me that might show some relationship to population density vs a local community at large that has a higher percentage of deaths per thousand in the population. It's out there I'm sure.
We do know some places like Binger and the Nursing Home that had multiple deaths would put that city in a higher percentage rate.
Sweden refused to shelter in place and they didn't have a major burst in infections. Restaurants and department stores stayed open, no social distancing. Why didn't that result in 90% of the population getting Covid?
I think there are a lot of questions we don't have answers for yet.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If anyone knew what to do about this they would become rich.
All we have is incedodal evidence that may or may not prove anything. Several states in the center of the US known as the flyby states for politicians have not gone the mandatory lock down route and the ratios of infected and deaths are below the averages of the coastal states. So one has to look at why.
Is it because of population density? I don't have the numbers in front of me that might show some relationship to population density vs a local community at large that has a higher percentage of deaths per thousand in the population. It's out there I'm sure.
We do know some places like Binger and the Nursing Home that had multiple deaths would put that city in a higher percentage rate.
Sweden refused to shelter in place and they didn't have a major burst in infections. Restaurants and department stores stayed open, no social distancing. Why didn't that result in 90% of the population getting Covid?
I think there are a lot of questions we don't have answers for yet.

What gets me is all of the various mayors and democrats using Twitter to respond to Stitt's plan exactly like Trump would. The mayor of Norman especially.

Am I 100% comfortable with everything being reopened? Heck if I know. I just know more lives depend on folks getting back to work than being afraid of COVID-19.

And all of these surveys about how folks see the country "opening back up" are ridiculous. I'd imagine a huge chunk of the respondents wouldn't have had different answers if asked in November. Would I attend a big sporting event or hop on a plane the day off or after? Nope. But I don't regularly choose to do that anyway. Would I go out to a restaurant shortly after it opened back up or go to a mall? Nope. But again I don't regularly choose to do that. If anything we'll continue to order something for pickup and avoid the malls.

ZGXtreme

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Open Back Up means just that. Open it all up. Let Americans have their freedom back. If I choose to attend a Rangers game in the new stadium, that’s my choice.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
History is irrelevant, apparently

Well . . . Mary was supposedly not that great at washing her hands . . . like a LOT of people we see everyday.

Which was why better hand washing is one of the first things recommended by every public health professional to prevent the spread of any disease. Not just COVID-19.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've been listening to some "experts" that say herd immunity is the only way to prevent a new outburst possibly.
Testing of the antibodies is in the early stages but it appears promising. At this current time, nobody knows for sure if you had it and got over it which 98% of the people that get it do, how long the antibodies may last to prevent re-infection.

Latest posts

Top Bottom