What does 'open it back up' mean to you?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
To be honest and frank, a lot of us doubt that it will ever be the same. How many times have you felt a droplet of salvia land on your face while talking to someone? When you clean your computer screen those little spots all over it came from your mouth. The idea of standing in line with unknown people or being close to any stranger seems both undesirable and dangerous. The wisdom of cheap flights everywhere seems doubtful until someone develops and proves a safe way of preventing droplet transmission of diseases.

If things return to normal and there is no spike in infections the fear, and my crazy talk above, will subside and all will be as it was before ...perhaps. But i'm not betting on it.

ZGXtreme

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
"Typhoid Mary" comes to mind...
:drunk2:

Edited as it’s not going to make a damned bit of difference to the alarmist.

As mentioned above... those who are afraid have the freedom to isolate themselves to their hearts extent.

But those who see this BS for what it is should be able to live the life of a free American making decisions for ourselves.

Fear is control. Came straight from the horses’ mouth last year with their coincidental pandemic training. It’s working unfortunately.

Last edited:

ZGXtreme

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I sincerely hope you don't lose someone you care about to this virus. Some on OSA already have.
:drunk2:

...and that’s tragic. But we also lose people to a whole lot more. Flu, cancer, drunk drivers, and on and on. We cannot just barricade ourselves in our homes out of fear of what may happen or what we may catch. Swine flu was lethal and we didn’t respond anywhere near like this, and we made it through.

If someone is high risk, it should be on that individual to protect themselves. Not on the populace to shut down their lives on their behalf.

ZGXtreme

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think we're all just going to have to learn to live in a world where COVID-19 exists . . .

Agreed and I think we already have been. It didn’t suddenly just show up with the first tested case. It was already here.

We most likely had deaths prior that were (rightfully) attributed to other causes where the person just so happened to be carrying the virus. Now, we are counting deaths as COVID deaths where who knows if the COVID had any part in it due to the other issues they were on the verge of dying with.

Saw it elsewhere but deaths for everything else are “down” drastically compared to this period last year.

When COVID starts wiping out cities of citizens on a large scale who have no preexisting Heath issues, then we need to start modifying our lifestyle.

To continue on with what we have now is a dangerous path. The cure that is more damaging than the virus. Something that is not going unexploited by those we’ve long been skeptical of, yet many now heed their every word out of fear.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Agreed and I think we already have been. It didn’t suddenly just show up with the first tested case. It was already here.

We most likely had deaths prior that were (rightfully) attributed to other causes where the person just so happened to be carrying the virus. Now, we are counting deaths as COVID deaths where who knows if the COVID had any part in it due to the other issues they were on the verge of dying with.

Saw it elsewhere but deaths for everything else are “down” drastically compared to this period last year.

When COVID starts wiping out cities of citizens on a large scale who have no preexisting Heath issues, then we need to start modifying our lifestyle.

To continue on with what we have now is a dangerous path. The cure that is more damaging than the virus. Something that is not going unexploited by those we’ve long been skeptical of, yet many now heed their every word out of fear.

I'll be interested to see if anyone discovers how long antibodies remain in someone's blood stream after being infected . . .

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Edited as it’s not going to make a damned bit of difference to the alarmist.

As mentioned above... those who are afraid have the freedom to isolate themselves to their hearts extent.

But those who see this BS for what it is should be able to live the life of a free American making decisions for ourselves.

Fear is control. Came straight from the horses’ mouth last year with their coincidental pandemic training. It’s working unfortunately.

Where exactly have you been kept from going that you wanted to go?

Latest posts

Top Bottom