What made you decide to get your CCW

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jamie_s_72

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Jeff for me it was something I thought about for around a year. It's not the physical fights that scares me, I think we've all been on the winning and losing end of those. For me it was the Army Major down in Texas that pushed me over the edge. I was in the Army for 8 years and served in a combat zone for 2 of them. I never felt unsafe in the Army. The Major in Texas walked into a building that was supposed to be a safe place and opened fire. Churches are being attacked, malls, department stores, and everywhere else. There are no places where I feel safe anymore. I now carry a Kimber Super Carry and hope I will never need it but if me or my family are someplace where a guy walks in ready to end some lives I wouldn't hesitate to unholster. I have had to engage enemies in the Army and that is a feeling that will never escape your mind but at the same time we must be diligent in defending what and whom are ours.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
On topic, I worked a delivery job and would be in dark parking lots alone at all hours of then night.

That and I liked guns... and just 'cuz I could.

dvPete

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A friend of mine introduced me to shooting about 15 years ago. Since I never do anything halfway, I decided if I was going to own handguns, I may as well be able to carry them legally. So after I scraped the money & time together, I got the CCL & have been carrying since. Anymore, I've reached a point where if I leave the house, I'm carrying. Sometimes I even carry around the house.

Over the years I've come to believe it is not only my right to own/carry a gun, it is my DUTY to carry to protect my family & friends.

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Actually really good Stories...
Me, My wife has LUPUS and sometimes doesnt move very well.
I can choose to stay or go ,She Cant, and Im not going to make Her watch me get my butt whooped:friday:
Oh ,and after thinking about it for over a year...It IS My responsibility:nutkick:

cooljeff

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Mine is a pretty common one. After failing the psych test for the PD, I knew that it was my destiny to protect society even though some stupid testing thought I was a narcissistic egomaniac with delusions of grandeur. I cannot honestly believe that field dressing small animals as a child while playing with fire is not a normal part of growing up for all of us.

Realizing that I would eventually be responsible for heroic glory, I went to work for Mall Security, but they would not let me open carry my Hi Point while on duty. I am no idiot, and no that while my life and the lives of countless shoppers are worth more than a job, I chose to be discreet, and invest in my CCW, a Lorcin 25 with Hollow Point man stoppers. I got my CCL for the eventuality that will happen when I have to pop a cap in a banger or shoplifter. I had a custom holster made that masks the printing of my "little friend" and doubles as a badge holder for my CCL badge.

Hey why are all you guy's laughing? Gill was being serious! I know because we were together at the gunshow where we got consecutive serial numbered CCW badges.... :respect:

Latest posts

Top Bottom