What made you decide to get your CCW

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lump

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When I was 18, a guy had shown up to work with a gun hanging out of his waistband, called the police and waited 30 minutes for them to show up.

I hate saying this, but the repeated "failures" of law enforcement in my life has been too much to trust them to be there when I need them.

Tbird63B

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
:fullauto:I grew up shooting firearms. And turned 21 in Iraq. So as soon as I got back I decides it's time for me ringer my ccw. I would hate to be somewhere knowing that I have the ability to protect myself and my family, but couldn't because I didn't gave my gun on me. But now I taught ny wife how to shoot I think o would be safer if I jumped behind her! :fullauto:

soonersfan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I took the class at H&H just because I was curious. Doug Friesen taught the class. He was excellent and entertaining. I thought it was worth it, even for someone who doesn't follow through and get their CWL. Taking the class should help someone determine whether they really want to get their license or not.

Armedmomma

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Working as a Project Manager I find myself on the road and at job sites alot. I had a project going in Lawton that I decided to make an unannounced visit to get some field measurements. When I arrived at the jobsite it appeared that noone was there. I got out of my car, notebook, camera, tape measure, keys etc in hand and decided I'd see if I could go ahead and get the measuerments anyways.

As I approached the building a man came around the building from somewhere back behind the building. I assumed he worked there and asked him if he knew where the job superintendant was. Everyone on the site seemed to be gone. He told me everyone had taken off early. So I asked if he minded if I went ahead and got my measurements.... hen finally the alarms went off in my head and I realized this man did not belong there. My hands were full of crap. I was very far from my car. I had on high heels, and not a soul was around. He was not working there at all. How stupid was I.

I tried not to act alarmed as I walked back towards my car. He asked if he could have a ride to Oklahoma City.. to which I replied I wasn't going to Oklahoma City ( lie) ..He then asked where I was going and started to become agitated. By then I had managed to get myself on one side of the car while he was on the other. He attempted to open my passenger door ( thank god for automatic door locks.. the driver side was the only unlocked side.)
He began to run around my vehicle.. and I jumped in and locked the door.
I Fumbled with my keys trying to get the car started as he beat on my windows, kicked on my door and screamed obscenities at me. Then picked up a large concrete rock to smash the window as I managed to get the car in gear... and drove over his foot.

I drove about a mile before I pulled over and called the police.

I made several huge mistakes this day..

One being I DID have a gun in the car, however I didn't have a concealed license. So the gun was stowed under the passenger seat.. and the mag was in the glovebox. No way in the world would I have ever been able to get to it.

I was lucky that day.

grizzly97

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Working as a Project Manager I find myself on the road and at job sites alot. I had a project going in Lawton that I decided to make an unannounced visit to get some field measurements. When I arrived at the jobsite it appeared that noone was there. I got out of my car, notebook, camera, tape measure, keys etc in hand and decided I'd see if I could go ahead and get the measuerments anyways.

As I approached the building a man came around the building from somewhere back behind the building. I assumed he worked there and asked him if he knew where the job superintendant was. Everyone on the site seemed to be gone. He told me everyone had taken off early. So I asked if he minded if I went ahead and got my measurements.... hen finally the alarms went off in my head and I realized this man did not belong there. My hands were full of crap. I was very far from my car. I had on high heels, and not a soul was around. He was not working there at all. How stupid was I.

I tried not to act alarmed as I walked back towards my car. He asked if he could have a ride to Oklahoma City.. to which I replied I wasn't going to Oklahoma City ( lie) ..He then asked where I was going and started to become agitated. By then I had managed to get myself on one side of the car while he was on the other. He attempted to open my passenger door ( thank god for automatic door locks.. the driver side was the only unlocked side.)
He began to run around my vehicle.. and I jumped in and locked the door.
I Fumbled with my keys trying to get the car started as he beat on my windows, kicked on my door and screamed obscenities at me. Then picked up a large concrete rock to smash the window as I managed to get the car in gear... and drove over his foot.

I drove about a mile before I pulled over and called the police.

I made several huge mistakes this day..

One being I DID have a gun in the car, however I didn't have a concealed license. So the gun was stowed under the passenger seat.. and the mag was in the glovebox. No way in the world would I have ever been able to get to it.

I was lucky that day.

Wow! Hell of a story! Glad you were able to make it out of there. Although it's too bad you were only able to run over his foot and not his.....well, you know. You say you made several mistakes, but you made some good decisions as well. Way too keep your wits! :thumbup3:

redneck1861

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What made me decide to get my CCW.

Well about 2 years ago, me and my GF were walking around the park at our apartments, it was about 8PM and a guy approached us, and thought he wanted my wallet more than I did, he had a knife I had no weapon, he demanded that I give him my money, and I said no, but not in as nice as words. We get into a little scuffle and he ended up stabbing me in the arm. After he stabbed me he took off running, and I had to go to the ER. But the good thing is that my GF was not hurt and he did not get my wallet.

I enrolled in a CCW class that weekend, I had to take it at gunworld only cause H&H was booked for several months. After I got my permit I have carried everyday, and luckily I have not had another thing that would require me to use my gun

Latest posts

Top Bottom