What would you do?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

r00s7a

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
And I was wrong on the spelling obviously. Which explains why I couldn't find much info on it! That's kinda what I figured Dennis... someone's Christmas present got loose. Now it is going on another man's wall! haha

imhntn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A hunting season has little to do with whether it is legal to shoot certain species.

If they are not on a protected list and there is no season on them...no one cares. The game wardens are always coming across things like this that have been turned loose and there are no regs on them so they are open to whatever. I know of a honey bear being shot as well as an african lion and some type of south american cat from stories from a GW buddy. No problems.

Burk Cornelius

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If they are not on a protected list and there is no season on them...no one cares. The game wardens are always coming across things like this that have been turned loose and there are no regs on them so they are open to whatever. I know of a honey bear being shot as well as an african lion and some type of south american cat from stories from a GW buddy. No problems.

I'm not being argumentative, I'm just saying that a lack of hunting season (or protected status) has nothing to do with whether you can shoot them.

You can't shoot songbirds such as cardinals, finches etc. and they are not protected and there is not season on them

Muleman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm not being argumentative, I'm just saying that a lack of hunting season (or protected status) has nothing to do with whether you can shoot them.

You can't shoot songbirds such as cardinals, finches etc. and they are not protected and there is not season on them

This is found under General Hunting Regulations:

Protected Species

All migratory birds, which include all hawks, owls, eagles, songbirds and all other birds except resident game birds, house sparrows and starlings are protected by federal and state law. House sparrows and starlings are the only birds that are not protected by either federal or state law. However, federal regulations provide for the control of black birds under a depredation order. For complete regulations, see 50 CFR, Part 20.43.

Endangered and threatened species are protected by federal and/or state law.

Read the regs friend.

Latest posts

Top Bottom