What would you do?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'd aspire to be the piano player in a whore house.

Seriously if I had to do it all over again, I'd choose the same path I stumbled into. Working on industrial control systems in a multi-craft environment made it fun and challenging to go to work every day. I love working on and fixing things, so when given the task of fixing a machine that is controlled by electronics, hydraulics, and pneumatics, diagnosing the problem and fixing it was satisfying work for me anyway. If it was a mechanical failure and required a part being built on a lathe or mill, no problem. Fix a circuit board that powers a servo, no problem, rebuild a hydraulic pump or weld up some brackets, same deal. It was fun working multi-craft.
That job requires a tremendous amount of overtime though. Lost a lot of family time, and holidays.

Pokinfun

The Most Interesting Man in the World
Special Hen
Reaction score
When I was kid I wanted to be in the army or teach school. I am a retired combat arms NCO, and I now teach history. If I could do it all over again, I would stay home and raise some cattle and hogs with my grandpa, dad, and uncle. As I get older, I miss them more than anything.

andrsnsm

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Bartender at a Tiki hut on a Caribbean island. I'm already an engineer and GM of an Operation, I'd like to try the Tiki hut when I retire.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Military officer. That's what i'm working towards now.

Because i want to look back on my life and say i spent it doing something worthwhile besides sitting at a desk all day.

I retired after 21+ years as an Infantry Officer in the Marine Corps. I wouldn't trade those years for anything. Granted, there were those days, but overall, it was a great career.

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Criminal Defense Attorney. Wishing it into existence would REALLY come in handy seeing as it would allow me to circumvent that pesky bar exam that's looming this July.

Why that profession? Because I like the idea of making the government meet its burden of proof before someone can be convicted. I subscribe to the notion that it's better for ten guilty men to go free that it is for one innocent man to be convicted.

Besides, the criminally accused have the best stories.
I've not done criminal defense (well, just one case), but I recently passed the bar; if there's anything I can do to help, drop me a note. I'm in Norman, so we could probably arrange a beer or two if you like. Also, drop henschman a note; he does do criminal defense, and he's a helluva good guy.

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Already doing my dream job, but I guess if I have to will a cool job into existence:
Being the guy to oversee giving all of the pre-printed Trump-as-president stuff to the impoverished African kids.

soonerwings

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've not done criminal defense (well, just one case), but I recently passed the bar; if there's anything I can do to help, drop me a note. I'm in Norman, so we could probably arrange a beer or two if you like. Also, drop henschman a note; he does do criminal defense, and he's a helluva good guy.

I'll probably pick your brain, and may actually be able to do a beer or two if you can find the time. I've purchased Kaplan and Adaptibar and have started doing a few practice MBE questions. The hard copy books came in the mail this weekend. It's gonna be a hell of a ride.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom