Whats up with superdave gun shows?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I hope people on here don't choose to make problems for him in his new home. I know he owes some of you money and you're within your rights to go after him, but try to keep it between you and him.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Guys ... there are just so many things that could go wrong here ...

If you know where Dave is and he owes you money, contact him privately and work it out.

If you don't have a dog in this fight and are just whacking the hornet's nest, please don't do that ... nothing good will come from it.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I hope people on here don't choose to make problems for him in his new home. I know he owes some of you money and you're within your rights to go after him, but try to keep it between you and him.

Guys ... there are just so many things that could go wrong here ...

If you know where Dave is and he owes you money, contact him privately and work it out.

If you don't have a dog in this fight and are just whacking the hornet's nest, please don't do that ... nothing good will come from it.

I know what y'all are saying, and I don't think we need to engage in any inter-forum shenanigans but I disagree with "not causing him problems in his new home".

He came here looking for support. A lot of people gave him that support...then he closed up shop and skipped town owing people money like a dirtbag thief. If those reports are true, then not only does he deserve trouble in his "new home" (which isn't actually new, for those of us who knew anything about him), I'd say chasing him down and outing him is a requirement for the "community".

Unscrupulous dealers and individuals need to be called out. Just don't make it an OSA vs. whoever thing. (I have a dog in this fight. I supported him, defended him and even had my kids out handing out his flyers...not every investment is financial.)

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know what y'all are saying, and I don't think we need to engage in any inter-forum shenanigans but I disagree with "not causing him problems in his new home".

He came here looking for support. A lot of people gave him that support...then he closed up shop and skipped town owing people money like a dirtbag thief. If those reports are true, then not only does he deserve trouble in his "new home" (which isn't actually new, for those of us who knew anything about him), I'd say chasing him down and outing him is a requirement for the "community".

Unscrupulous dealers and individuals need to be called out. Just don't make it an OSA vs. whoever thing. (I have a dog in this fight. I supported him, defended him and even had my kids out handing out his flyers...not every investment is financial)

I get what you are saying and don't disagree with you on a personal level.

However, it CANNOT be an OSA thing and it could very well turn into that if some ground rules aren't laid down quickly. I saw what happened when there was a dust up between some members here and some guys over on ARFCOM several years ago. I was a member of both sites and while I eventually left ARFCOM (not because of that) it was really not cool. There is always some internet commando (not anyone in particular, just in general) who is willing to sit back and stir the pot just to watch it boil over and then say "Hey, not my game ...snicker, snicker" when personal threats start. And it damages a forum's reputation. I don't want to see that happen again, is all.

Obviously, this is not my board and the last word belongs to JB but I'd bet you my last dollar that he will say the same thing I did. If you have a personal stake in this and you have evidence WAY beyond a reasonable doubt that this person is indeed the superdave65 you are looking for, then contact him personally and have at it.

Given what I've seen in this thread, though, I have enough doubt that I'd say much more research (and probably research that is paid for, not posted after someone's done a perfunctory google search) needs to be done before anyone needs to go after this guy.

Case in point ... do you have any idea how many "BadgeBunny"s there are out there?? I get a couple of e-mails a week wanting to know if I'm so-and-so. I can guess that there are more than a few "superdave65"s floating around in the world.

OK ... carry on ... just remember, guys and gals ... It CANNOT be an OSA thing ...

Gabriel42

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Pretty definitive.

http://www.northwestfirearms.com/threads/howdy-thanks-for-the-forum.113376/

superdave65 said:
Hi everyone. I just moved to Washington from Oklahoma. I'm a gun show promoter in OK, I run usually 25-30 shows a year there. We moved to the pacific northwest for the weather and outdoor activities. My 17 year old son and I shoot at least once a week and try our hand at IPSC when I have a free weekend. Thanks again, looks like a great site
Dave

Latest posts

Top Bottom