Whats up with superdave gun shows?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I honestly think that is why higher door fee shows are more successful, only people that are serious about looking for a gun will pay $15, where $6 is a cheap way to blow some time.

On the flip side, someone serious about looking for a gun might wonder if it's worth the $15 to try and find it at a gun show. It seems to me that strategy would appeal to a narrower range of show goers; the ones who are looking for firearms they can get at the LGS or online, or those looking for less common milsurps, would be discouraged by that steep an entry fee. I know I'd blow off a gun show with a $15 admission fee, simply because I'd be looking for M1 Garands, M96 Swedes, and Swiss K31's, which aren't often seen at gun shows any more - for a reasonable price, anyway. I'd look for those in WTS ads on the forums I frequent.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I honestly think that is why higher door fee shows are more successful, only people that are serious about looking for a gun will pay $15, where $6 is a cheap way to blow some time.

Interesting observation. I can see that as an analogy to movies.

And a $200 tax stamp and 10+-month wait for NFA items.... <sigh>

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Maybe someone with more capital behind his business plan, a stronger local base, and a fresh start can launch a more successful challenge. That would be the best result of this.

But, why would they? There's an awful lot going against anyone trying to break into this business. Not the least of which is the ever-incessant and ever-increasing anti-gun lobby. They're like fire ants.

I am very disappointed that Dave didn't belly-up and explain the situation. at least at some level, to those who have tried to support him during his efforts. It would have been much better to learn of this from him rather than through rumor. I must confess that I have had concerns for some time now. He's had two different shows scheduled for Ardmore over the past year, both of which were no-shows on his part. Not a peep from him beforehand; still on his website up to the day of the shows. I even emailed him once about it and received no reply. He had a lot of loose ends. His recent email about the upcoming shows is a good example. That would have been a no-brainer to take down before it went out.

Still, I'm sad to see this take place. Perhaps he has some serious personal issues that are in the way. I hope not.

His was the only show that I'd drive to OKC for. I'll have to check out BadShot.

cmhbob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
He was on the forum as recently as the 2d, according to his profile. Dave, sorry to hear about this turn of events. I thought the show I was at was a good deal.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

I've gone to many a gun show with money in my pocket just looking for nothing specific and walked out broke caused something jumped out and said "buy me and take me home". I never go in expecting to find what I want but feel lucky when I do.

DAMAGAN

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's a shame I missed his previous shows and was looking forward to getting a vendor table to sell some of my army junk I have left over if he came to Stillwater.

Latest posts

Top Bottom