What's wrong in OK!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BillM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Amen helps a lot like that also a lot less harmful than booze.
She's easier to get along with, too. Not so snappish, anymore. Got pain issues of my own, but so far NSAIDS do what I need. Both of us have family histories of drug and alcohol abuse, so I don't drink more than a taste once in a while, and won't use narcotic pain meds at all. She'll have a glass of wine at night, and has started using some of the more powerful edibles. Smoking was tearing up her asthma, and I couldn't be around her when she was doing that, since I'm asthmatic too. I just have to not share the gummies, these days.

TeamTomlyn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Man, I don’t know about that. We spent a couple nights in a hotel across from a rec dispensary in Denver a couple years ago. Big store all lit up big time. Almost zero customers.
At Breakfast the next morning I asked the waiter why was the store not selling much weed?
He said bubba on the corner had better weed and it was cheaper. State taxes and fees priced most out of the market on the street.
From what I’m hearing there are so many grows that they can’t make enough money to stay open selling legally so product is going out of state.
News reports of grows being busted pretty much back that narrative up.
Oh you are absolutely correct. In Colorado the towns can put additional taxes on recreational mj. So it inflates the prices well over the street value, but it keeps the nice tourist town from turning into an opium dens. Great idea if you ask me.
Our state is still in its infancy, especially as far as enforcement goes. As always the state takes its sweet time and all the politicians needed to figure out how to get thier cut. But they also have to set policy and procedure so nobody is going out half cocked. I've seen a lot more focus and actual hiring this past year so it makes me hope that the new pot cops will start stepping up just to secure their positions if nothing else. Hopefully that will curb some of the back door sales and shut down some of the illegal operations.

mavs

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
It's really for folks like my wife, who's no longer getting relief from morphine. It doesn't kill the pain, but it does make her not care much about it, and lets her sleep. Which 90mg of morphine sulfate a day wasn't doing.
Your wife probably needs it for medical reasons and I'm sorry for that. But I bet 90% of the people who claim medical needs are liars.

ramco

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Does anyone on here have a medical card and bought a firearm since having the card? I’m curious if it affects your ability to purchase a firearm through an FFL. I don’t have a card, and I don’t plan on getting one. I’m just curious about how our federal government looks at it.
I had a customer produce a MM card as proof of residency (he was a recent transfer from Texas). He was shocked when I told him I couldn’t transfer the firearm to him. I had to explain that federal law governs the 4473 form, not state law. It seems few people understand that. I’m still not sure I wasn’t being set up. Anyway it didn’t work.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Your wife probably needs it for medical reasons and I'm sorry for that. But I bet 90% of the people who claim medical needs are liars.

I don't know if it would be 90%, but I can say that I'd bet that there is a good number of OSA members that are all for having the marijuana and may even have their own card.

Just start a thread around here and call them "stoners" and see what happens.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's really for folks like my wife, who's no longer getting relief from morphine. It doesn't kill the pain, but it does make her not care much about it, and lets her sleep. Which 90mg of morphine sulfate a day wasn't doing.

I am allergic to morphine, vicadien and codeine.

Don't have the card, don't smoke weed BUT, if the situation warrants ........

JoeUSooner

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A doped population is a compliant population. Wait until they push for recreational weed.
"They" already HAVE recreational weed! The legislation was (intentionally) deceitfully marketed to the public as "medical" marijuana... and that - despite the single carefully-worded requirement of a doctor's so-called 'prescription' - was an outright f**king LIE. That enrages me. And it sickens me that the naive (or outright stupid) public unquestioningly swallowed that lie.

The original legislation had NO restrictions, and no regulations. It made no provision for what type of medical condition (or patient) qualified... nor did it require any type of "followup" exam after the initial consultation. The initial prescription is not for marijuana, it is for the patient to obtain an unlimited marijuana-license/ID-card (which is good for 5 years). There was no limit - no information at all - on dosage, or timing of dosage, per day.

How could any intelligent individual sanely describe such a system as anything else BUT recreational?

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm not for legalization of marijuana and it doesn't matter but I'll say this. Some medications over time will destroy the liver which will lead to death. marijuana won't do that but it will affect one's mind. So, you'll continue to live with a healthy liver but screwed up mind and opinionated.

Latest posts

Top Bottom