While it is nice weather- think 'Winterize'!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

piston10

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't know that much about radiators / and what it takes to repair them, but earlier this year the radiator in my '98 GMC P/U developed a stress crack on one side near the fill opening... the dealer suggested just having that side of the radiator replaced. Apparent, everything except the coolong coils and the cap is is made of a heat resistant plastic and was just a matter of taking it off and crimping in a new part. Supposedly saves money doing it that way. I finally decided to go with a new radiator as I may be driving this truck for a long while and the new radiator had have a longer warranty. But is was over $400+ gettng the job done.... OUCH!

You should have asked! I can get radiators for a great price ;) I could have saved you a little $$

Cohiba

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey Cards81fan, funny you mention lesbian jokes.

My truck has a bumper sticker: I (heart) my wife. Numerous times at Walmart, Uptown Market, and elsewhere I have men and women compliment me....and even ask me about that sticker.

Several times my wife drove my truck. One time a road construction flagger yelled out ..LESBIAN!! When she drove past him. She also tells me about the looks she gets while driving my truck with a bumber sticker...that reads...I (heart)=love my wife!!!

Cohiba

zodiacflyer

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Already got the new radiator on the way, along with a new left side mirror. (Live on a ranch, and some dadgum future hamburger had an itch, and scratched it on my car) I will drain the old one, and pull the freeze plugs and temp sensor from the block, and flush it too. Seeing as how the car is 1995 model, probably a good idea to get all that trash that's probably sitting in bottom of the water jacket out. The radiator will only take me about an hour and a half. It's already got a new thermostat, since I replaced the water pump 5 months ago. One side note.... does anyone know where I can get Dark Green Gray Metallic Paint locally. The mirror is coming with the radiator via UPS, and I'm gonna have to paint it.

AGI

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Already got the new radiator on the way, along with a new left side mirror. (Live on a ranch, and some dadgum future hamburger had an itch, and scratched it on my car) I will drain the old one, and pull the freeze plugs and temp sensor from the block, and flush it too. Seeing as how the car is 1995 model, probably a good idea to get all that trash that's probably sitting in bottom of the water jacket out. The radiator will only take me about an hour and a half. It's already got a new thermostat, since I replaced the water pump 5 months ago. One side note.... does anyone know where I can get Dark Green Gray Metallic Paint locally. The mirror is coming with the radiator via UPS, and I'm gonna have to paint it.

O`Reillys can make you some color matched paint in less than 20min.

AGI

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had some mixed about 6 months ago and I had enough to paint my grille and 2 mirrors and it was right around $10.

Latest posts

Top Bottom