Who all is waiting for their CCW?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kriket1911

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Finally got mine sent in the non res Utah paper work on may 27 and got it in the mail today 7/18 I thought it would feel funny carrying in public but I'm so used to it from carrying in my house for years that it feels natural it's grate to be able to exercise my 2a right outside of my house

Stroh

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Got my letter in the Mail on Saturday (July 17) it is Dated June 28th. I'm worried because I called the Sheriffs office on Wednesday July 14, and they said they didn't have the license. I thought the license usually arrived before the letter?

fluffernutter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Got my letter in the Mail on Saturday (July 17) it is Dated June 28th. I'm worried because I called the Sheriffs office on Wednesday July 14, and they said they didn't have the license. I thought the license usually arrived before the letter?
Hope you didn't tell them that your letter wasn't in yet. If so they may not have actually even checked.

Stroh

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score

Went to the Sheriffs office to pick up my license. They were having a hard time finding it then the lady started giggling a little (after I told her I've been waiting 98 days) and asked me for the correct spelling of my name so I gave it to her. She then told me that OSBI had misspelled my name on the license and that she will need to send it back. I left politely and called OSBI the guy on the phone was nice and checked all my information and said that since I spelled my last name right on the application (luckily I learned how to do this in Kindergarten) he will be printing out the new one today and it will be sent with the batch on Friday. SO if they ship USPS I should be receiving it Tuesday next week.
:oops3:

Cobra Steve

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Went to the Sheriffs office to pick up my license. They were having a hard time finding it then the lady started giggling a little (after I told her I've been waiting 98 days) and asked me for the correct spelling of my name so I gave it to her. She then told me that OSBI had misspelled my name on the license and that she will need to send it back. I left politely and called OSBI the guy on the phone was nice and checked all my information and said that since I spelled my last name right on the application (luckily I learned how to do this in Kindergarten) he will be printing out the new one today and it will be sent with the batch on Friday. SO if they ship USPS I should be receiving it Tuesday next week.
:oops3:
Funny, I got my letter on July 17th and picked it up and didn't realize until later that they had my name wrong as well. I'm debating on getting it fixed or not because it is a very small mistake. My middle name is "Junior" so my license should read Last, First J but it reads Last JR, First M. I have no clue where they got the "M" from. At least it is actually my picture.

Stroh

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Funny, I got my letter on July 17th and picked it up and didn't realize until later that they had my name wrong as well. I'm debating on getting it fixed or not because it is a very small mistake. My middle name is "Junior" so my license should read Last, First J but it reads Last JR, First M. I have no clue where they got the "M" from. At least it is actually my picture.

Ya they got the first letter of my last name wrong, so it took the lady awhile to find it since I was telling her one name and the license was under a different letter in the Rolodex.

Buzzdraw

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The name on your DL and the name on your SDA, along with the picture, need to match. If it does not, it could cause you a problem at your next official LE contact.

How much off it can be, i.e. just one misspelled letter or more, is up to you. If it is off enough (relative term we know), then a simple stop could get complicated.

Cobra Steve

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I agree I need to send it back in. I'm going to be out of town this weekend so I'll probablly do it next week early. After seeing the great job that OSBI does on these I don't have much faith in their "investigation" abilities. :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom