Who all is waiting for their CCW?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David2012

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I turned my application into the Sheriffs office on June 10, my payment has not been recieved by OSBI yet. Im afraid i am going to be waiting longer than normal because OSBI is going to have to get with Chicago for my background check, when i talked to OSBI they told me that even tey have a hard time sometimes getting backgrounds from other agencies. So im assuming that i will be waiting A LONG TIME!

If I remember right, Oklahoma is a shall issue state and the OSBI has so many days to issue or deny a license. If Chicago hasn't responded within the time limit with any info that would preclude you from getting a license.. the OSBI can go ahead and issue you a license... and then if anything later turns up disqualifying you.. revoke the license.

Under: TITLE 21 § 1290.11 OTHER PRECLUSIONS it reads-

B. Nothing in this section shall be construed to require a full investigation of the applicant by the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation.

BigTulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
KOTV in Tulsa just did a piece about the fallout from the Aurora shooting where they talked about the delay.

Last year, there were about 10,000 new apps for CC licenses.

So far this year up to June, a little over 15,000. Just for six months.

In June, they said they were running about 60 days. Now, the wait is holding right at 97 days.

The reporter said after interviewing OSBI that they will start a temporary night shift on Aug 1st and add one temporary worker to handle the backlog.

If KOTV posts the article online I'll put up a link to it. OSBI says they're getting about 1,000 new requests a week. That's quite a few. Think what this will do to it (the shooting).

Latest posts

Top Bottom