Who all is waiting for their CCW?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
T

TheRealGman

I applied for a Non-Resident Virginia License:

Virginia State Police Received Application : June 6th

I received their License: July 26

47 Days

If there are any newbies out here that want their license to carry sooner than 120 days, send in for a non resident virginia CCW License.

nhagar

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
well sent mine in first of june not for sure on exact day off top of my head. OSBI charged card on june 8. so 54 days to day I know shouldn't get too excited about only 54 days but so far I have gotten two letters in the mail saying Fingerprint cards are a mandatory part of your application........those provided previously were found to not meet FBI Standards.....blah blah blah lol. anyways local county of Mayes uses digital fingerprint machine both sets I sent looked good. both were done by different person at sheriff's office.

So needless to say in the morning I am going to call the number on the paper and see about going the whole 3 hour one way drive from my house to there and then the 3 hour drive home.
hopefully if I do that the fingerprints will be accepted.
anyone had this issue or go all the way to osbi and still get bad fingerprint cards? that would upset me alot to drive a total of 6 hours for another bad card reading.

David2012

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Are you going to ask if the OSBI can take your finger prints themselves because of your 2 previous problems.... or are you planning on taking a 3rd set of prints to OKC?

If you take prints with you and have bad prints again [which isn't likely], you might be able to go downtown to the Okla. County Jail and get your prints done there.

In all likelihood, when you turn your prints in.. the person taking them will probably be a receptionist / clerical employee and wouldn't be able to tell you if they were good or not.

I know you are in a hurry to get your license.. but I'd just get a good stiff cardboard picture mailer from the post office and then mail it 'Certified Mail return reciept'.. that way you get a signature of the person who recieved it and the date when they got it. It would be a lot cheaper than driving 3 hours and probably would't take a day or 2 longer in getting your license.

Last edited:

jduff8505

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We (read House Commander and I) turned ours in March 19 and just received them on July 27. They say OSBI is back logged, which is understandable with the standing room only at all the CCW classes lately. Patience is definitely a virtue on this situation. Good luck all.

Jeff

nhagar

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No I was planning on going to the OSBI headquarters and letting them take my prints there. That way they should be done right to their specs. then again I may drive all the way there to find that it will be just like going to my local county to find out that they will be rejected by FBI again. I don't know its just frustrating as heck. I have patience but according to their site that the min and max day for license is only if you have good prints.

So I assume that prints are the first step in the process and now its been two months and pretty much all that has been accomplished is I am $200 dollars poorer from them plus the 65 for the Class I took. lol.

I will find out more info tomorrow

David2012

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Before I drove that far, I'd call and make sure they would be able to do my prints on that day when I got there. You would sure hate to get there and find out that was the only day of the week that they didn't do prints or that the person who did them was off work that day or on vacation!

PawPaw

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Has anybody noticed that the OSBI claims to be swamped with apps and can't get them out on time, but they manage to charge your debit card or cash your money order almost instantly. Seems they have enough people to take our money but not process our apps and renewals.
Rant over!

Latest posts

Top Bottom