Who all is waiting for their CCW?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Volmarr

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
1/17/13 turned application to Washington county sheriffs office
2/15/13 OSBI accepted application
4/23/13 license issued
4/26/13 received license
My wife is still waiting for hers. She turned her application a week before me and it was accepted on 2/12.

cody6766

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I turned mine in sometime at the end of March. I'm deployed, so I'm happy as long as it comes in before I get back. It took my wife's almost 6 mos to turn around! She got it sometime in mid March. She has a perfectly clear record, so I'm not sure why it took so long.

jdgabbard

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sent an email off today to the OSBI, currently they've had my application for renewal for 70 days. Tonight at 11:38pm the email me with the following:

Hi Jd,

Your application is still in process and has not been completed at this time.

Thanks
Sandra
SDA/OSBI

My question is: Does it really take more than 70 days to see whether or not I've had any felonies since 2007??? I think not. They are clearly wasting time at this point. And if they're emailing me at 11:38pm at night, they're clearly running 3 shifts, which means they can process the applications fast.

cody6766

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Does it really take more than 70 days to see whether or not I've had any felonies since 2007??
I'm not sure my Secret clearance took that long. My TS/SCI clearance took less time than my wife's CCW, and they went back 10 years. Hell, they actually go out and talk to people referenced in the application, and then they talk to people those people mention. I wonder why they can't check to see if someone has a security clearance and then use that as part of their check. I can say, without a doubt, that it's MUCH more in depth than any CCW investigation. I guess that would just make too much sense

DamnYankeeOK

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
My question is: Does it really take more than 70 days to see whether or not I've had any felonies since 2007??? I think not. They are clearly wasting time at this point. And if they're emailing me at 11:38pm at night, they're clearly running 3 shifts, which means they can process the applications fast.

They have 90 days from when they get it. Not from when you turn it in. Canadian County didn't get mine to the OSBI for over 30 days. That was part of the delay for mine. You also have to take into consideration the number of applications they are getting in every day. It could be that they just haven't gotten to yours yet.

jdgabbard

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They have 90 days from when they get it. Not from when you turn it in. Canadian County didn't get mine to the OSBI for over 30 days. That was part of the delay for mine. You also have to take into consideration the number of applications they are getting in every day. It could be that they just haven't gotten to yours yet.

That is from when they accepted it. It was mailed on the 12th, accepted by the OSBI on the 21st. It's a renewal, not a new applicant, so it doesn't have to go through a locality CLE.

And you'd figure so about the TS, I have one too and it was accepted within 30days back in 2005.

Rabbitcreekok

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Sent my renewal application in on 3/5/13. No word yet, but they sure as hell take your money fast (3/10/13)!

They take our money fast because it is now their money. If you do not receive a Handgun License for any reason, they keep the money.

Sent an email off today to the OSBI, currently they've had my application for renewal for 70 days. Tonight at 11:38pm the email me with the following:

Hi Jd,

Your application is still in process and has not been completed at this time.

Thanks
Sandra
SDA/OSBI

The OSBI received 4000 applications in January. The usual count is 1500 or so a month. If your application was the only one they had to process, you would have it the next day. But there are thousands ahead of you in the processing line.

Lenonthelake

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
My state representative checked on mine. He stated they are receiving over 1500 per week. 700 in one day. He told me that i should hear from them soon. Not sure what soon is. He did state he knew they were busy but not that busy

Latest posts

Top Bottom