Who you voting for Oklahoma County Sheriff?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Who are you voting for Oklahoma County Sheriff

• Sorrels

Votes: 28 70.0%
  • Whetsel

Votes: 12 30.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

chevy4wd

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you live in Oklahoma County who are you voting for as sheriff? Sorrels is listed as a conservative republican. Whetsel has been sheriff since 1997 (that seems like too long for one man to have that much power) and supposedly had inmates making re-election signs on county property.... Unless someone can change my mind I am voting for Sorrels.

flybeech

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Whetsel was the President of the International Association of Chiefs of Police in 1995 and worked hard to defeat and/or weaken CCW laws across the country, earning kudos from Bill Clinton. http://www.textfiles.com/politics/GUNS/iacplet.dos

Whetsel wants to spend nearly a half-billion dollars of our money on a new jail, while Sorrels will get send State and federal prisoners back to their respective prisons and immediately relieve overcrowding.

Whetsel is the BFF of Janet "Big Sis" Napolitano and will throw the door to Oklahoma County wide open, when the Federal government wants to take guns and any other unconstitutional thing they might dream up. Sorrels has said he will defend the Constitution and will have no problem telling a tyrannous Federal government to pound sand.

Unlike Whetsel, Sorrels wants the lawful citizens of Oklahoma County armed and supports Constitutional carry.

Whetsel supports the International Association of Chiefs of Police and their Agenda 21 programs. Darrell Sorrels supports the Constitutional Sheriffs and Peace Officers Association and shares the views of Sheriff Arpaio, Sheriff Mack and Sheriff Tony DeMeo. Please see YouTube for things these honorable Sheriffs have done for their constituents.

Whetsel owes the Department of Homeland Security a big debt of gratitude and fully supports DHS purchases of 1.8 billion rounds of JHP, while Darrell Sorrels believes our internal Federal police force is a threat to liberty.

Please visit the Constitutional Sheriffs and Peace Officers Association, to discover how critical the County Sheriff is and the last defense against tyranny. To me, there is only one logical choice for Oklahoma County Sheriff with Darrell Sorrels.

aestus

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For me, it's more than whether or not the Sheriff is pro 2A / Constitutional carry or not. The OCSO Sheriff is more than just enforcement of the law in counties and security for the court system. The Sheriff has to be able to operate and manage the organization, be able to connect with the people and have enough forward vision to expand the capabilities of the department proactively, instead of reactionary like how most government and LEO agencies operate.

The OSCO is known for their development on the technological front and leads the way as one of the top in the nation for police communications and infrastructure. There's quite a few police departments in the state (some unknowingly) that depend on the infrastructure built by the OCSO. Most of this is built freely by volunteer deputies with IT backgrounds.

The OSCO has done a great job of attracting younger talent and recruits to the OCSO in backgrounds like design, IT, video, ect. and is diversifying it's force beyond of what a normal law enforcement department may have in it's rosters, most volunteering for free.

The bulk of the younger talent in these fields are also huge Whetsel supporters. In my opinion, if Whetsel were to lose, most of these volunteer deputies would most likely leave and that kind of talent loss would be a huge blow to the OCSO, but also LEO agencies in the state that rely on systems built by the OCSO.

Whoever replaces Whetsel has to be more than just a pro 2A cowboy, but someone that can attract younger talent and has the foresight and understanding to lead innovation in not just technology, but also innovation of how LEO's interact with people. Understand the importance of attracting non-conventional people into deputy positions. Understands the political part of the job.

Do I agree with everything Whetsel has done? No. I disagree with some of his viewpoints. I just don't think Sorrel is completely better. He has a lot of things going for him, but I think he would do a lot to damage the momentum of the OCSO, as well. It seems like he's just a 2A cowboy and that's the only thing he is.

Anyways, that's just a quick verbal dump of why I support Whetsel. Granted, I'm a bit biased, since I do know a few OCSO deputies and almost decided to become a volunteer deputy myself.

Last edited:

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My parents have been part of the OCSO for upwards of 20 years and have worked along side and under each candidate. While I don't have a reason, because I didn't have time to listen to it, they both feel that while Whetsel isn't perfect, he's still the better man for the job.

Of course my parents have more on the line than I do, so their reasoning may or may not be reasons I'd personally agree with. I'm undecided, but interested in seeing what people here have to say.

Ginseng

New to the site!
Reaction score
I'm voting for Sorrels for both the positive of his personal character, beliefs that uphold the Constitution and his experience as a lawman. And against the negative of what Whetsel is and what he stands for. Finding out that he was even against concealed carry and is an active member of the IACP-which is rabidly anti-second amendment and pro-UN should be enough for anyone to vote against him. But then finding out about his poor management of the jail and desire to put another 400 million on the taxpayers back when we are already being taxed to death, makes this absolutely a no-brainer. Experience is only one factor to take into account. If that experience shows ineptitude and corruption (which speaks for many in governmental positions) then let another take his position. See the following links for information. Sorrels for OK County Sheriff!!!! http://reddirtreport.com/Story.aspx/23871 http://www.examiner.com/article/no-guns-for-anyone-sheriff-whetsel-and-gun-control Concealed weapons issues-http://www.textfiles.com/politics/GUNS/iacplet.dos

Latest posts

Top Bottom