Why do people hate Metallica?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I love Metallica. much more into the newer stuff than the old, first time I saw 'em was at the OKC Fairgrounds in 94(?) with Candlebox (also rock!) and Suicidal Tendencies on the Black Tour. Subsequently saw the Load and Reload tours, which were amazing productions if you ask me.

I love the S&M albums, as well. I listen to a little bit of the older-school stuff, but either way, they rock like mad in my truck. From S&M, "No Leaf Clover" is simply one of my favorites of all time from any genre. My musical tastes are highly varied and not usually particularly mainstream.

But I think Metallica rocks.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The reason Metallica sucks is this...

Bay City Bangers became famous on tape trading via snail mail... Then Metallica sued their fans when tape trading went digital.

Great music, but the absolute epidemy of hypocrites... While I greatly enjoy Load/Reload, James was 10x's better when he was an alcoholic drug addict... Politics didn't kill Metallica... Sobriety did

justinsaneok

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Metallica first three albums were bad ass.

Their biggest screw up is when they fired Dave.

Then Cliff died. and so did "Metallica" basically, in my book.

You want a REAL hardcore HM band??

F'n SLAYER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hell ya ! Megadeth and Old Metallica Pre Black is cool too, I do like Ride the Lighting and Master of Puppets
I do think they are douchy now.
My wife hates them with a passion.

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The reason Metallica sucks is this...

Bay City Bangers became famous on tape trading via snail mail... Then Metallica sued their fans when tape trading went digital.

Great music, but the absolute epidemy of hypocrites... While I greatly enjoy Load/Reload, James was 10x's better when he was an alcoholic drug addict... Politics didn't kill Metallica... Sobriety did

Epidemy?
I do not think that word means what you think it means.

OliverKlohzoff

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I love Metallica. much more into the newer stuff than the old, first time I saw 'em was at the OKC Fairgrounds in 94(?) with Candlebox (also rock!) and Suicidal Tendencies on the Black Tour. Subsequently saw the Load and Reload tours, which were amazing productions if you ask me.

I'll bet I'm the only one here who saw Metallica at the Cain's Ballroom in Tulsa with Cliff Burton on bass. They were the opening band for WASP. Guess what ? Blackie Lawless got food poisoning so half the people got their money back and left. The rest of us got to watch Metallica play as the main band, full set, with Armoured Saint opening. I still have bunches of pictures I took from that show.

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I love the S&M albums, as well. I listen to a little bit of the older-school stuff, but either way, they rock like mad in my truck. From S&M, "No Leaf Clover" is simply one of my favorites of all time from any genre. My musical tastes are highly varied and not usually particularly mainstream.

I had a chance to buy bootlegs of S&M before it was commercially released. Should have done it since I really like the rock\orchestra thing.

I like pre-black album metallica. see avatar.

Damage, INC!!

I'll bet I'm the only one here who saw Metallica at the Cain's Ballroom in Tulsa with Cliff Burton on bass. They were the opening band for WASP. Guess what ? Blackie Lawless got food poisoning so half the people got their money back and left. The rest of us got to watch Metallica play as the main band, full set, with Armoured Saint opening. I still have bunches of pictures I took from that show.

I saw WASP open for the kings- IRON MAIDEN in 1985 on the World Slavery Tour. Man what a show! One interesting thing about Blackie Lawless is that he's a conservative and not a fan of Obama whatsoever.

deerwhacker444

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
25.media.tumblr.com_tumblr_lmb8waV9q11ql3n4qo1_400.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom