Why do we need Flu shots every year?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grwd

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I think its a racket that the Drs. got going.
I remember from science class that once a vaccine is in your body it protects against the bug forever.

bratch

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think its because the flu virus mutates every year, each vaccine will be different depending on how they expect the virus to mutate that year.

patrickcudd

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've never had the flu or a flu shot!

My youngest can never have a flu shot due to an egg allergy.

My 9 year old has had the flu twice, including swine and type A at the same time last year.

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think its a racket that the Drs. got going.
I remember from science class that once a vaccine is in your body it protects against the bug forever.

The strain is different every year. They have to make the vaccine so far in advance that they guess. Usually they're wrong. Injecting people with that crap for no reason. Sweet.

308shooter

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
The flu shot mutates bc illegals that come from 3rd world mexico and dont have shots. Theyre the reason we have to pay $25 for a flu shot every year.... Its the same thing when we go to a third world counrty we have to get shots so we wont die bc of the diseases they have. Ex Iraq

onwmed

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Because the flu mutates every season and it's easier (and cheaper) on the health care system to prevent, rather than treat. Now, I'm no advocate for young/middle age folks for getting a shot every season. I DO think that the kids and elderly need it every season. It boils down to money... A hospital would rather take a patient that's 65+ because Medicare/Medicaid is guaranteed money when a patient walks in the door vs. A 30 year old that may or may not have insurance.

It sucks that it is an economic issue, but the hospitals would rather have someone that's REALLY sick walk in the doors than a 30 year old with the flu that needs an IV and some meds

Latest posts

Top Bottom