Why do we need Flu shots every year?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I evolved, that's why I don't need a flu shot. Evolutionarily speaking, I left the rest of you cretins wallowing in the primordial sludge to share your silly viruses.

You can sneeze on me, but you can't kill me. King Kong ain't got shi*t on me.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Vaccines are in a sense victims of their own success. Most people are too young to remember polio and the kid down the block who got it and now is in an iron lung. Because there are not experiences like this around to scare people, they become skeptical and stop getting vaccinated or having their kids vaccinated. But when enough people are unvaccinated, diseases like whooping cough etc can come back. And flu can spread easily, perhaps getting to epidemic scale.

I agree, but whooping cough never left, we see it every year.

The only thing "thought" to have been totally eradicated through vaccination is smallpox. No reported cases of that worldwide (knock on wood) in many years. Anything else can still pop up.

hondamatt

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you think doctors make a lot of money off of flu shots, think again. We do it more as a public service, between the cost of the vaccine and administering it, the profit is at best negligible for a physician's office.

I always heard it was the pharmaceutical companies that made the money from vaccines, not the family doctors.

reddog1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I take my "softkill" stuff ALL THE TIME.... hell, i dont need a vaccine of ANY type..I gots more chemicals in me approved from the FDA than you can shake a stick at. get sick... have a hot toddy, get a cough... smoke a cig... throat sore, drink a shot of vinager, and get a dip of copenhagen. If ya puke, brush yer teeth with that new Crest Pro Health... its got TRIPLE Flouride... flouride is like pot for the brain. I do all the other "softkill" stuff.. but no vaccines... ESPECIALLY the flu shot.. ahemm...tin foil.. ahemm.. NWO... ahemm FEMA.
Screw you guys, I am going to go listen to Alex Jones...LOL

I got two words for you peeps... you-jen-ics

4play

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well viruses can mutate and they do mutate, but along with that, there are also numerous strands of flu viruses. A flu vaccine only contains an innoculation for a select few strands that are predicted to be the problem strands for the area. So next years flu viruses can be totally different strands or mutated versions from last years.

If flu viruses cant mutate then how is it that humans can get swine flu or bird flu? Viruses are not bugs, they are parasitic organisms that take over host cells and then reproduce, when the host develops a resistance some viruses have the ability to mutate to continue taking over host cells

Mutation is one of the main reasons why HIV is so deadly and hard to slow down or stop.

Latest posts

Top Bottom