Women and Concealed Carry

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We all know women have special needs when it comes to carrying a weapon concealed (and pretty much life in general :)).

I started a picture thread about your carry holster in action and noticed they are all men.

My wife and I were talking about ways for women to carry and there are definitely many options out there. Some tactically sound, some not so much.

I know we have a lot of female OSA members who carry. How do you do it? What kind of holster? What position? What gun? etc.

Pictures are always helpful.

BC

How did I miss this?? :D I got no pics but I carry two ways. Either in my purse (Colt Gold Cup), with NOTHING else at all or in the small of my back (any of our baby Glocks, but the usually the 32).

A lot of how depends on where and what kind of weather we are having.

I know a lot of guys don't like women to carry in a purse because they think someone can rip your purse off your shoulder. That is kinda hard to do if you keep your hand inside the flap of your purse. Has just kinda become a habit with me. If you snap your cell phone to the outside edge of your purse then people think you are just trying to make sure your cell phone doesn't fall off.

And I know a lot of people discourage SOB carry for obvious reasons, but that is the only place I can find on my person to carry that doesn't print insanely bad. My hips are wider than my shoulders and unless I have on a pretty heavy jacket, it just doesn't work any other place.

I have considered getting a small revolver to carry in the front pocket of my jeans, but I am so short-waisted that I don't think I could sit comfortably for any length of time so ... I always wind back up with a gun in my purse on in the small of my back. A few times I have had both ... :naughty:

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How did I miss this?? :D I got no pics but I carry two ways. Either in my purse (Colt Gold Cup), with NOTHING else at all or in the small of my back (any of our baby Glocks, but the usually the 32).

A lot of how depends on where and what kind of weather we are having.

I know a lot of guys don't like women to carry in a purse because they think someone can rip your purse off your shoulder. That is kinda hard to do if you keep your hand inside the flap of your purse. Has just kinda become a habit with me. If you snap your cell phone to the outside edge of your purse then people think you are just trying to make sure your cell phone doesn't fall off.

And I know a lot of people discourage SOB carry for obvious reasons, but that is the only place I can find on my person to carry that doesn't print insanely bad. My hips are wider than my shoulders and unless I have on a pretty heavy jacket, it just doesn't work any other place.

I have considered getting a small revolver to carry in the front pocket of my jeans, but I am so short-waisted that I don't think I could sit comfortably for any length of time so ... I always wind back up with a gun in my purse on in the small of my back. A few times I have had both ... :naughty:

:faint: :hithead: :naughty: :clap3: :hypnotize: :tounge2: :yelclap: :sunbath: :bighug: :heart: :hyper: :eek2: :ooh2: :woohoo1: :hey3: :mean: :thumbup3: :thanku: :thumb: :rubhands: :w000t: :bowdown: :woot:

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is the one I was going to go after but it seemed a little too easy.

BC

LOL, but it is true. My checkbook is in my back pocket and my gun is in my purse. No makeup, no brush, no kleenex, no nothing ... :bighug:

I think we pretty much established many, many moons ago I am a lot of things but a typical woman is not one of them ... :wink2:

Oh, DUH ... I just reread your quote!! LOL

Latest posts

Top Bottom